Pale Moon won't start showing previous session tabs Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
xenarulz
Moongazer
Moongazer

Pale Moon won't start showing previous session tabs

Unread post by xenarulz » 2020-06-02, 19:02

Today I started Pale Moon and it stalled (white page and 'wait' icon rotating endlessly) so I closed and restarted it. But when it restarted, it started from the Pale Moon homepage, not -as I had always set my preferences for- from the previous session tabs.
No problem. I had has this glitch in the past and always solved it by renaming a sessionstore.bak or whatever into sessionstore.js and restarting.
Only, this time it doesn't work, even if the backup holds inside all the tabs I want (I checked it on https://www.jeffersonscher.com/ffu/scrounger.html ). I also tried to open 2-3 tabs and then close the program, and when it restarts it's always with the pale moon default and not the tabs.
The preferences are correctly set to 'open with old session tabs'.
What could it be? What could I do?
Thanks!!

vannilla
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: Pale Moon won't start showing previous session tabs

Unread post by vannilla » 2020-06-02, 20:49

Instead of relying on tab session use bookmarks and use fresh sessions.
It's the most reliable method in the long run.

xenarulz
Moongazer
Moongazer

[SOLVED] Pale Moon won't start showing previous session tabs

Unread post by xenarulz » 2020-06-03, 07:56

This morning it opened asking me if I wanted to restore the previous tabs, I said yes and it did.
I dunno why yesterday it didn't even see them, but anyway it fixed itself :D