palemoon page scrolling Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
user88818

palemoon page scrolling

Unread post by user88818 » 2019-11-12, 04:14

I joined because I think the browser is great but I'm so tired of using my Windows mouse wheel to scroll eight lines.

This is the only browser I've ever seen that has a slow marginal scrolling amount… Smooth scrolling works perfectly the settings work perfectly but the actual scroll amount for distance is not good. Like I said I have my computer set to scroll eight lines and that makes other parts of my computer a little bit radical

Many months ago I did research trying to find a fix and found many other people complaining the same thing but I did not find an adequate fix for this.

If I am missing something please let me know. I would like to get a normal running computer and not have to compromise just because I use pale moon.

Thanks a lot everyone who reads this. :D

_yuyu_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: palemoon page scrolling

Unread post by _yuyu_ » 2019-11-12, 09:45

Type SPACE to scroll page down or try ScrollNavigator to scroll with right button.
Edit: Sorry, may be I misunderstood you/
Pale Moon 32-bit on Win 7 x64

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-11-12, 10:51

Been a while since I was on Windows, but I think the number of lines to scroll is a mouse driver setting. I used to have a Logitech mouse and the control panel mouse settings let you specify how many lines to scroll with the wheel.

Though you can also avoid wearing out the mousewheel by middle clicking on the page and then moving the mouse up or down, scroll speed will be proportional to the distance from the spot you middle clicked.

I'm guessing you have already been to Preferences->Advanced->Scrolling where you can configure the smooth scroll duration.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2019-11-12, 11:46

user88818 wrote:
2019-11-12, 04:14
This is the only browser I've ever seen that has a slow marginal scrolling amount… Smooth scrolling works perfectly the settings work perfectly but the actual scroll amount for distance is not good. Like I said I have my computer set to scroll eight lines and that makes other parts of my computer a little bit radical
Try playing with mousewheel.default.delta_multiplier_y and similar preferences in about:config.
Note: changing stuff in about:config page is not recommended.

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2019-11-12, 23:21

In about:config, try adjusting mousewheel.min_line_scroll_amount to a higher amount.

user88818

Unread post by user88818 » 2019-11-14, 17:13

this is for ron_1

thank you I haven't a clue why I missed that… Soon as I saw your post I corrected the problem immediately and I am a happy camper now. Certainly glad to meet you Sir.

Windows mouse scroll is cut in half 4 line instead of eight and pale moon now scrolls fluidly quickly and still smooth and slow when I need it. I set my minimum scroll amount to 90 cut back to 80…I will play with it but it's perfect. Just touching the mouse it still goes extremely slow and smooth yet when I want to move I can zip much better. Wow thanks again.

I'm certainly glad to register and be here this browser is doing pretty good. I stopped using Firefox the minute they modified it in version I think 57

PS I want to thank everyone who commented that was really nice thank you… This issue is closed and I hope these comments can last and help someone else whom may find this posting. Thanks to everyone

ron_1
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by ron_1 » 2019-11-15, 01:04

user88818 wrote:
this is for ron_1

thank you I haven't a clue why I missed that… Soon as I saw your post I corrected the problem immediately and I am a happy camper now. Certainly glad to meet you Sir.
Glad to help.