Set live bookmarks update interval? Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with technical Pale Moon issues (Windows and other non-Linux O.S.). Please direct questions about the Linux version to the appropriate Linux board.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

Forum rules
This board is for technical/usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only. The main focus here is on Pale Moon on Windows. Please direct your questions for Linux, Android and Mac to the dedicated boards.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in "technical chat"
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
moonbat
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Set live bookmarks update interval?

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-10-10, 00:19

Came across this ancient tip for Firefox 3 saying that you need to create browser.bookmarks.livemark_refresh_seconds in about:config.
Does it apply to Pale Moon, and if not how does one do it?
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 19.2 Xfce x64 on HP i5 laptop with 4 GB RAM, always latest versions of PM & Basilisk unless specified.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Set live bookmarks update interval?

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-10-10, 01:59

You can't set this interval that way. This hasn't been a thing since Firefox 19. Livemarks automatically refresh once per hour.
You can manually refresh a feed by right-clicking the live bookmark and selecting "reload".

If you need fine control or rapid updating of feeds, I suggest you use a dedicated feed reader instead. Livemarks are not designed for rapid stream digestion.
"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

moonbat
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-10-10, 03:17

Thanks for the clarification. I was looking at a quick way to follow replies to a Linux Mint forum question without having to fire up my dedicated desktop RSS client (QuiteRSS). 1 hour refresh sounds reasonable.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 19.2 Xfce x64 on HP i5 laptop with 4 GB RAM, always latest versions of PM & Basilisk unless specified.

billmcct
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by billmcct » 2019-10-10, 12:32

I have been using "LiveClick 1.5.0" for many years to keep my Live bookmarks reloaded.

http://legacycollector.org/firefox-addo ... index.html
Win 7 x64 - Pale Moon 28x 32bit