Glitches after latest update.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
JoelAustralia

Glitches after latest update.

Unread post by JoelAustralia » 2019-09-08, 15:13

Since updating to the latest version of Pale Moon I have been encountering glitch after glitch. Firstly I didnt even want to update but the update popup was a glitch in itself and was completely blank and when trying to close it, it took that as my acceptance to update. Every since I have nothing by troubles paying with Paypal through Ebay it now just hangs saying its processing. When I refresh the screen it sometimes goes through. It also gives me error message for other payment popups only to find that sometimes the payment gone through but says there was an error anyways. Videos viewed through my browser online go for 30 seconds to a minute before getting a message saying network error. Normally I would have simply gone back to the older version but Pale Moon doesn't seem to facilitate that so Im kind of stuck with a version I didn't really want with issues that weren't there before the update took place. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Glitches after latest update.

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2019-09-08, 15:39

JoelAustralia wrote:
2019-09-08, 15:13
Normally I would have simply gone back to the older version
Older versions can be found here ...

http://www.palemoon.org/archived.shtml

... but it's always better to try to resolve troubles with the current version instead of just giving up and falling back to a previous version. If you want help resolving the troubles you are experiencing, please provide additional info about your system as described here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

JoelAustralia

Unread post by JoelAustralia » 2019-09-08, 16:11

Thanks for your reply

Im using Windows 7 on a HP HDD laptop.

Some of the other glitches include getting heaps of secure connection failures and a really weird replication of posts on a forum I belong too. You post once and then its replicated a second time waiting for you to hit reply as if it has set it self up to send the same post again with a warning that you cant post so soon after posting the first one. Im scared what its about to do next or if I can even make payments for things at the moment. The replicating forum posts I have to delete it completely without hitting reply or it would send the same post again.

Thanks for the link to the older versions. If I install one thought it would involve uninstalling the current one and loose all my bookmarks I assume?

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by doofy » 2019-09-08, 16:35

Check if you experience the same behaviour in safe mode.
Or grab a copy of PM portable and test with that.

adesh
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by adesh » 2019-09-08, 19:00

JoelAustralia wrote:
2019-09-08, 16:11
Thanks for the link to the older versions. If I install one thought it would involve uninstalling the current one and loose all my bookmarks I assume?
You'll not lose your bookmarks by just normal uninstall-install routine. But it's better anyway to backup your bookmarks by using the export function in the browser to be safe.

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2019-09-08, 22:59

What CPU you have on your laptop? I had 2 laptops with Core i7 6300 and 6700 Skylake and on both I had similar glitches on Windows 7 too (black screen on all window browser or when I switching between tabs, it completely glitch the page on few seconds - looks like GPU issue, but GPU was OK, ... ... ) .
So now I have Lenovo Y50-70 with Haswell CPU and these glitches gone, Palemoon runs smoothly.

JoelAustralia

Unread post by JoelAustralia » 2019-09-09, 06:48

I have ony had it a few months but the sticker beside the Keyboard does in fact say Intel Core i7 Vpro inside.

JoelAustralia

Unread post by JoelAustralia » 2019-09-09, 06:51

The replication issue sort of manifested itself again when trying to make a doctors appointment online today. I selected a time and up came a message that said this appointment was no longer available but when I looked at the bookings section it was me that had taken the appointment as if it sent the request twice just like it keeps doing on the chat forum I belong too.

JoelAustralia

Unread post by JoelAustralia » 2019-09-09, 06:53

doofy wrote:
2019-09-08, 16:35
Check if you experience the same behaviour in safe mode.
Or grab a copy of PM portable and test with that.
I will try that thanks, do you think that I may be infected with some kind of keylogger or something at the same time I updated to the new version?

SGvagon

Unread post by SGvagon » 2019-09-09, 12:59

JoelAustralia wrote:
2019-09-09, 06:48
I have ony had it a few months but the sticker beside the Keyboard does in fact say Intel Core i7 Vpro inside.
You have Kaby Lake, so check if you have the latest Intel video driver (on your laptop website or Intel website) .

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by doofy » 2019-09-09, 13:48

JoelAustralia wrote:
2019-09-09, 06:53
do you think that I may be infected with some kind of keylogger or something at the same time I updated to the new version?
Would be a bit of a coincidence...