Prime Video UI broken on PM & Basilisk

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Prime Video UI broken on PM & Basilisk

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-08-27, 08:24

Amazon Prime has an arrow to scroll the list of displayed movies sideways, as shown below from Chrome, at the extreme right. Similarly, the slideshow of latest movies at the top of the page doesn't work, it only shows one static image.
Prime video scroll.png
On both PM and Basilisk it doesn't show the arrows and one can't scroll the category list.
Prime video no scroll.png
On both browsers -
  • uBO is disabled.
  • No user agent overrides.
  • Cookies are allowed to be set.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

Linux Mint 21 Xfce x64 on HP i5-5200 laptop, 12 GB RAM.
AutoPageColor|PermissionsPlus|PMPlayer|Pure URL|RecordRewind|TextFX

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Prime Video UI broken on PM & Basilisk

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-08-27, 11:01

Since you didn't provide a link to the page you're looking at, I cannot find the screenshot you posted. And you didn't list what operating system or what version of Pale Moon you're using either.

Since I don't have an Amazon Prime account, this is the page I'm looking at, at the link below and it doesn't look like anything you're looking at.

https://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Studios-A ... deo&sr=1-1

And the I've got 9 movies listed horizontally (since I use a 27" external monitor with my desktop tower computer) and only one arrow which does scroll to the right which allows me to scroll the category list.

I'm using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 28.6.1 running in 64 bit linux Mint 19.2 (Tina) Xfce. The only extensions I use are NoSquint and uBlock Origin with UBO "enabled". The sites sees my user agent as Firefox Compatibility mode.

I don't use the Basilisk browser so I cannot comment to it.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2019-08-27, 11:24

Well i do have an Amazon Prime account but it's not needed to look through the offerings.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/video/store ... 2864549011

Everything works correctly for me in both browsers.
I am using Amazon Smile pages though.
See Sig.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-08-27, 11:30

Why are we running multiple threads about this bullshit?

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-08-27, 11:34

I used this link for Amazon Prime (when not logged in; it changes some if signed in):
https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=atv_gs_intro_prime_b?_encoding=UTF8&node=2858778011

Pale Moon 28.6.1:
Don't see this problem. The scroll arrows appear for me and work just fine. (Win 7 x86)
amzprime-pm.png
moonbat wrote:
2019-08-27, 08:24
No user agent overrides.
You know that Pale Moon has a built-in UA override for amazon.com, right? It's:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:45.9) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/45.9 (Pale Moon)
Did you change it?

Basilisk-2019-06-08:
The scroll arrows were missing for me on Basilisk. And unlike PM, Basilisk doesn't come with an override for Amazon.
But when the "60.9" part of Basilisk's user agent is changed to "52.9" for amazon.com the scroll arrows do become visible and work.

For both browsers:
Scroll arrows aside, be aware: it has been posted that both browsers need yet a different override for Amazon Prime to actually work (with Silverlight). (I don't have Amazon Prime, so have no personal experience with it.)

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2019-08-27, 11:55

I am using this override in both browsers.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:25.8) Gecko/20151126 Firefox/31.9 PaleMoon/25.8.1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-08-27, 12:07

Night Wing wrote:
2019-08-27, 11:01
Since you didn't provide a link to the page you're looking at, I cannot find the screenshot you posted. And you didn't list what operating system or what version of Pale Moon you're using either.
My bad, it's at primevideo.com which requires signing in with your Amazon account (subscription only needed for playback). My PM and Linux version are identical to yours. I use Basilisk since it's the only one of the two browsers that can play videos on Prime and Netflix, but the UI problem is seen on both browsers.
"One hosts to look them up, one DNS to find them and in the darkness BIND them."

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-08-27, 12:09

New Tobin Paradigm wrote:
2019-08-27, 11:30
Why are we running multiple threads about this bullshit?
'cause this is 'website interface is broken' bullshit, not 'unable to play videos on Prime & Netflix' bullshit :problem:

New Tobin Paradigm

Unread post by New Tobin Paradigm » 2019-08-27, 12:15

Oh I see. Carry on then.

moonbat
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by moonbat » 2019-08-27, 12:35

coffeebreak wrote:
2019-08-27, 11:34
Basilisk-2019-06-08:
The scroll arrows were missing for me on Basilisk. And unlike PM, Basilisk doesn't come with an override for Amazon.
But when the "60.9" part of Basilisk's user agent is changed to "52.9" for amazon.com the scroll arrows do become visible and work.
This worked great on Basilisk, thanks! :clap: