High contrast make forums unreadable in pale moon

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Aquitus

High contrast make forums unreadable in pale moon

Unread post by Aquitus » 2019-08-14, 16:12

in order to make my computer a little easier on my eyes i use high contrast, but on pale moon my forums words get changed to bright yellow or white while the background color remains unchanged. this isnt a big deal on forums with a black background but most are white or whitish. is there a way i can personalize this? or disable it for words?

ive already tried adjusting preferances > colors. nothing in there does anything

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Re: High contrast make forums unreadable in pale moon

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-08-14, 17:19

Aquitus wrote:
2019-08-14, 16:12
is there a way i can personalize this?
There are other board themes available, including a dark one, via the User Control Panel (accessed through your user name link in the upper R corner of forum pages while logged in):

User Control Panel > Board preferences tab > select Edit global settings > then select a theme from the
'My board style:' pulldown menu.

Aquitus

Unread post by Aquitus » 2019-08-14, 18:34

im looking at kongregates forums and i dont really see that, are you sure?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-08-14, 18:48

And this is why you should always mention what site you're talking about :)

If kongregate doesn't indicate both foreground and background colors for their forum, or if they don't have a dark theme, then you should ask them about it.
If you need a high contrast theme and it doesn't work well for you, then please try setting the options in Preferences -> Content -> Colors. Specifically, you might want to change the "override" setting from "only with high contract colors" to "Never", or e.g. uncheck "use system colors" or a combination of various settings.
Attachments
Image1.png
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by doofy » 2019-08-14, 18:54

You might like Advanced Night Mode

http://addons.palemoon.org/addon/advanced-night-mode/

I use it to theme the web in shades of grey

Aquitus

Unread post by Aquitus » 2019-08-14, 19:07

@Moonchild
the reason i didnt mention which one was because i was having the problem on and off for websites all across the internet. and even if i did list it you wouldnt have read it since i i did mention that i already tried preferences > colors in my original post but you still tried to suggest i change that

@doofy
Thank you! that fixed it!

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-08-14, 19:49

Aquitus wrote:
2019-08-14, 19:07
the reason i didnt mention which one was because i was having the problem on and off for websites all across the internet
> on pale moon my forums words get changed to [...]
For a fact, I thought you were speaking of Pale Moon's own forum which does have the option described earlier. ;)

But very glad you got a solution to your problem.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-08-14, 23:11

The way it was worded I (and others, too) read it as if you were talking about the Pale Moon forum, not some other forum.

And yes, I'm well aware you mentioned in your original post that you tried changing things in preferences > colors, but considering many people don't seem to try anything beyond setting the colors unless specifically directed to do so (or to even touch the "Override" drop-down for that matter) I suggested it specifically anyway -- also because that setting WILL influence the way the browser displays content when you use high-contrast system themes (and when setting it to "never" normally avoids having to use an extension to change colors, because they will continue to be displayed in the website's colors), so your assertion that "it does nothing" made for the assumption on my end that you didn't really try the option you should.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite