cannot access website

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Pale Whale

cannot access website

Unread post by Pale Whale » 2019-07-26, 04:00

Have cleared cookies and cache but still no go (page opens in chrome based browser) I just get a cycling icon in Pale Moon......ver 28.6.1 64 bit.

Could open the page in Pale Moon 2 days ago but not now.

Wish to see if it is the page or me that is the issue

https://tab.ubet.com/

Thanks in advance

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: cannot access website

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-07-26, 05:05

I clicked on your link and the page took a long time to open in a new tab. I'd say almost 20 seconds and it did render properly. Closed the tab and then clicked on your link again and the page opened and rendered properly in about 5 seconds of time.

I'm using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 28.6.1 running in (at this time) 64 bit linux Mint 19.1 (Tessa) Xfce. The only extensions I use are NoSquint and uBlock Origin. The site sees my user agent mode as Firefox Compatibility.

I'll have to check my Windows 7 hard drive and report back.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-07-26, 05:19

I had no problems accessing the site with my Windows 7 hard drive. Took about 20 seconds to open and render the page properly in a new tab. Then closing the tab and clicking on the link again, opened the page and it rendered properly after about 5 seconds of time.

I'm using 32 bit windows Pale Moon 28.6.1 running in 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium. The only extensions I use are NoSquint and uBlock Origin. The site sees my user agent mode as Firefox Compatibility.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Pale Whale

Unread post by Pale Whale » 2019-07-26, 06:20

Thanks Night Wing......yeah it is often slow to open.

So it must be me, wonder what it is. No changes done that I can recall and it was working 2 days or so ago. Hoped today's update might have fixed it but, no.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-07-26, 09:58

On this old 2010 year desktop tower computer, it has an old Intel i7 processor which came with the computer with a speed of 2.80 and 16 GB of memory. I've also got an AMD Radeon HD 6450 graphics card.

Comcast (Xfinity) is my ISP (internet service provider). When I just checked Speedtest to test my speed for this old tower computer, with a Ping of 10 MS, it gave me a Download speed of 298.58 Mbps and and Upload speed of 11.85 Mbps.

Since the site was slow to load the first time, this was probably because I had never been to that site. The second time it was much faster since I now had the cookie for that site on both linux and windows Pale Moon.