Facebook

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Byff Arlington

Facebook

Unread post by Byff Arlington » 2019-07-09, 15:19

When logged onto Facebook and attempting to post my own comment (Not a comment on someone's post) I get no blinking cursor and am unable to type anything. I am able however, to post a comment on a post by someone else. This does Not happen on Internet Explorer or Google Chrome. What's up? Does anybody else experience this problem?

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Facebook

Unread post by therube » 2019-07-10, 01:35

What compatibility mode are you using?
Preferences, Advanced, General -> Compatibility

Do you otherwise have a useragent override in effect (generally or for facebook)?

Any change if you restart in Safe Mode?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode

Byff Arlington

Unread post by Byff Arlington » 2019-07-10, 13:16

Thank you for the quick reply. I am using Firefox Compatibility Mode. I do not have a user-agent in effect. I went into safe mode but it made no difference. I do employ a VPN that runs constantly, if that makes any difference (which it doesn't on other browsers).

Bilbo47
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Bilbo47 » 2019-07-11, 17:48

Using edit boxes on fb to compose anything longer than a tweet really blows, so I edit elsewhere and then copyPaste in. Except fb hates that - they disappear the whole edit box! So a workaround is to type a few letters, then SelectAll and Paste. FB still corrupts the display before accepting the post/comment. I don't care enough to try it in other browsers.

Byff Arlington

Unread post by Byff Arlington » 2019-07-12, 12:21

Thanks, I'll keep that in mind, but you're right, FB editing sucks big time.

Kand_in_Sky
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Kand_in_Sky » 2019-07-14, 18:14

Bilbo47 wrote:
2019-07-11, 17:48
Using edit boxes on fb to compose anything longer than a tweet really blows, so I edit elsewhere and then copyPaste in. Except fb hates that - they disappear the whole edit box!
So a workaround is to type a few letters, then SelectAll and Paste. FB still corrupts the display before accepting the post/comment. I don't care enough to try it in other browsers.
that's weird! you know, me thought i was the only one with this!
I tried everything i could, switch off addons, no HOSTS, different user agents... then i simply give up and use Waterfox for FB. And because Waterfox has much more speed i'm thinking about to switch completly to it..

Anyaway, would be nice to know what causes this behaviour with FB in PM.
PaleMoon & Basilisk
- on 2014 i5-4210M Notebook 8GB Win7 64Bit
- on 2014 Athlon 5350 16GB PC Win7 64Bit
- on 2018 Athlon200GE 32GB PC Win10 64Bit