Secure Connection Failed for dan.co.il

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
pollo

Secure Connection Failed for dan.co.il

Unread post by pollo » 2019-07-05, 04:03

Hi,
Can't go to https://www.dan.co.il/.

I get the following error
Secure Connection Failed

The connection to www.dan.co.il was interrupted while the page was loading.

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
I tried to change "Lower supported protocol" to SSL 3.0 on advanced Options but it doesn't help.

What do I need to change on settings to be able to go to that site?

Info:
Pale Moon version: 28.6.0.1 x64 portable (as provided, no change to any settings except the above mentioned)
Extensions:
Pale Moon Commander
uBlock Origin (disabled for this site)

Lew Rockwell Fan

Re: Secure Connection Failed for dan.co.il

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2019-07-05, 04:45

I think you missed the last, and most important line in the error message:
"Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem."

I'm no expert, but I'd give 4 to 1 that means the problem is at their end & you aren't going to fix it at your end. The obvious thing to try is to edit the url in the address field to delete the "s", but in this case, that doesn't work, which I'd assume mean they have their site set up to accept only secure connections, and they've screwed up the secure connection.

yami_

Unread post by yami_ » 2019-07-05, 09:25

This site simply does not support any cipher suites that in by default supported in Pale Moon: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze ... .dan.co.il.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-07-05, 10:49

Read the FAQ section of the forum. Third entry from the top (stickie'd and everything) is a detailed write-up about secure connection errors.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite