The new Pale Moon v28.6 icon is ugly.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: The new Pale Moon v28.6 icon is ugly.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-07-03, 09:42

Okay folks, I'll be incorporating the 16x16 icon with increased contrast for y'all in the next version.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Cjay26
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Cjay26 » 2019-07-03, 09:55

:coffee:
sponge_bob_128 wrote:
2019-07-03, 02:51
Just a Paler Moon icon. Thank Goodness. I thought my Pale Moon was disabled (grayed out) by some evil Google conspiracy!
Sponge, My thoughts exactly when I logged in today. LOL :coffee:

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-07-03, 10:04

I'm going to add my two cents in here.

With my poor eyesight, the tweaked version doesn't look any better to my eyes than the new icon. On my Titlebar, it's is ok. But on my white panel Taskbar, it is poor. And since I'm not a power user, I'm not going to jump through hoops to make something easier to see because I'll screw it up.

And I'll even include an attachment so you can see my Titlebar and my Taskbar with the new icon. Of course, you'll have to left click on the attachment to make it larger and easier to see.
Attachments
New Pale Moon Icon1366.png
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-07-03, 10:06

https://github.com/MoonchildProductions ... 1ecb2ee6d9

As for people's opinions on the logo, they are noted but it won't change a thing.
The same thing happened the last time we changed the logo and there was even more resistance back then for going for a starker blue more photographic one instead of a painted one (with people calling it "blue moon" instead, etc.). Still, everyone got used to the new logo then. Just give it some time to get acquainted with the new, actually pale, more artistic moon.

Oh and Night Wing:
If your eyesight is poor, then maybe you shouldn't be using the default mid-grey system color for your taskbar to begin with. It promotes low contrast for just about any icon no matter how designed. Try using a dark grey or dark color for the taskbar, instead.

Just my $0.02.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite