Youtube TV mode problems

Users and developers helping users with technical Pale Moon issues (Windows and other non-Linux O.S.). Please direct questions about the Linux version to the appropriate Linux board.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

Forum rules
This board is for technical/usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only. The main focus here is on Pale Moon on Windows. Please direct your questions for Linux, Android and Mac to the dedicated boards.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in "technical chat"
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
clawe
New to the forum
New to the forum

Youtube TV mode problems

Post by clawe » 2019-06-28, 11:30

Hello,

I have a problem with palemoon and youtube in TV mode.
Everything works fine except video seeking with mouse (it works in FF).

I am not sure why this is. Is it a problem with java script or something else ?

Example link:
https://www.youtube.com/tv#/watch/video ... vjkBcBBrmE

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Youtube TV mode problems

Post by Isengrim » 2019-06-28, 13:01

Do you mean "theater mode"? I don't see anything about "TV mode" on Youtube.

Seeking with the mouse and keyboard works fine in theater mode with PM 28.5.2.

Edit: Guess I should have tried your link, derp. Yeah, I'm seeing the same issue, no obvious errors in the console either.
Linux Mint 19.2 Cinnamon (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 10 build 1803 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Post by Moonchild » 2019-06-28, 13:19

They explicitly ONLY use DOM pointer/touch events for that bar instead of regular DOM node events (onmouse*). This has likely been an oversight by the people designing TV mode focusing on a different usage scenario (full-frame phone/tablet use).
DOM pointer events are currently disabled by default in UXP; you can enable them by setting dom.w3c_pointer_events.enabled to true in about:config.
"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne

Goodydino
Astronaut
Astronaut

Post by Goodydino » 2019-06-28, 20:36

All I get on that page is a black page with a YouTube logo and title. I get programming only with Safari, not Pale Moon, SeaMonkey, Slimjet, or Opera.

Fedor2
Astronaut
Astronaut

Post by Fedor2 » 2019-06-28, 21:24

This type of the youtube opens on the tv indeed, control is carried out by the tv console.
For the pc mentioned about:config setting helped, but how to control the sound?

clawe
New to the forum
New to the forum

Post by clawe » 2019-06-30, 06:02

Moonchild wrote:
2019-06-28, 13:19
..DOM pointer events are currently disabled by default in UXP; you can enable them by setting dom.w3c_pointer_events.enabled to true in about:config.
Now it is working. Thanks!

For anyone interested. I wanted to play youtube videos covering whole browser window and this YT TV was one of the solutions.
Another one is using youtube embed but at that mode most music videos not working because youtube dont want to play them at 3rd party sites. And another solution is using greasemonkey script "Resize YT to window size" which I am using currently.