Copy Bookmarks and Passwords

Users and developers helping users with technical Pale Moon issues (Windows and other non-Linux O.S.). Please direct questions about the Linux version to the appropriate Linux board.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

Forum rules
This board is for technical/usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only. The main focus here is on Pale Moon on Windows. Please direct your questions for Linux, Android and Mac to the dedicated boards.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in "technical chat"
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Gunnerrob89
New to the forum
New to the forum

Copy Bookmarks and Passwords

Unread post by Gunnerrob89 » 2019-06-21, 09:51

Sorry if this has been asked already but I couldn't see it. My Windows10 PC crashed and needed a new hard drive . How do I copy the Bookmarks and Passwords from my old pc to the new one?

Falna
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Copy Bookmarks and Passwords

Unread post by Falna » 2019-06-21, 11:59

Preferably from your backups - otherwise by copying your profile from your old PC to the new, if the hard drive is readable. If it isn't it could get expensive.

F22 Simpilot
Lunatic
Lunatic
Location: From RLG fly heading 053 intercept 315 DVV look for the SAM

Re: Copy Bookmarks and Passwords

Unread post by F22 Simpilot » 2019-06-21, 15:58

It will largely depend on whether you can even access the old hard drive without any problems. You can do that in one of two ways:

A) Power on computer and connect old hard drive to a free SATA port inside your computer. YOu can then access the hard drive from the My Computer icon or what ever the hell 10 uses to access hard drives like it was in 7.

B) Buy a Vantec USB to SATA adapter. Plug in the adapter to the old hard drive and connect the USB connection to your computer.

Once you are able to get access to the old hard drive. Go to the following directory and copy the entire profile: C:\Users\[YOUR USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\Profiles\[YOUR PROFILE NAME].default

There may be sevral profiles. Just look for the one with the most shit in it. :lol: Ideally, the correct profile folder will have folders inside it named; extensions, searchplugins, bookmarkbackups, storage, etc, etc. Basically more folders and stuff then other profiles you may see.
If you're that smart and act like a dork, then you're not that smart after all. :geek: