Tabs on top becomes tabs in middle

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
malcolm64

Tabs on top becomes tabs in middle

Unread post by malcolm64 » 2019-06-09, 20:46

Running 28.5.2 32bit on a Windows 7 Dell 7720. With "tabs on top" checked,reducing browser size any amount down from full page adds a new line for the tab titles, takes mine from 3 lines to 4 lines in safe mode. Any way to avoid this? Thanks.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Tabs on top becomes tabs in middle

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-06-10, 09:55

What you call "tabs on top" is "tabs in the title bar" -- that is only available when you have maximized the browser window; in other cases you will have a title bar.

You can use an extension to also have this behavior in windowed mode, I believe, but I don't recall the name of it off-hand.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

malcolm64

Unread post by malcolm64 » 2019-06-11, 00:30

"tabs on top" is under view --toolbars--- "tabs on top"
Closest to "tabs in the title bar" is Tools--Preferences--Tabs--"Show tab previews in the Windows taskbar"
Where do I find it, "tabs in the title bar"?
Thanks.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-06-11, 00:59

Drawing tabs in the title bar is enabled by default, but as I already said this is ONLY in maximized window mode.
If you want this behavior also in a normal window, use the appropriate browser extension to achieve it.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite