Cannot load M3U8: Crossdomain access denied

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
cartel
Lunatic
Lunatic

Cannot load M3U8: Crossdomain access denied

Unread post by cartel » 2019-05-20, 23:21

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Cannot load M3U8: Crossdomain access denied

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2019-05-20, 23:36

Why is it that you persist in just throwing an error message and a screenshot out there without *ANY* information about how your system is currently configured, exact steps needed to replicate the problem you are experiencing, or whatever troubleshooting steps (if any) you have already taken to try to resolve your own problem? The majority of your requests for assistance are just like this, with almost no information provided, making the rest of us pull teeth to get basic information out of you.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-05-21, 01:51

It will play with Flash Player (defaults to it) if you either use Native user agent mode, or else disable MSE for MP4
(in Preferences > Content). This is assuming you have Flash Player installed/enabled.

You can make a site-specific UA override for severestudios.com using PM's native user agent.
Or in the alternative, install HTML5 Media Tuner and set it to use HTML5 (without MSE) for the relevant domain.

Error console.

Code: Select all

Error: None of the “sha512” hashes in the integrity attribute match the content of the subresource.
Source File: https://www.severestudios.com/storm-chasers/keith.fronk.html
Line: 0

Error: SecurityError: The operation is insecure.
Source File: https://www.severestudios.com/wp-content/themes/severestudios/js/lib/modernizr-2.7.1.min.js?ver=2.7.1
Line: 1

Error: ReferenceError: L is not defined
Line: 236

Error: TypeError: $(...).prettyEmbed is not a function
Line: 91

Error: TypeError: $(...).popup is not a function
Line: 338

Error: ReferenceError: load is not defined
Line: 1

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-05-21, 01:53

Off-topic:
Please learn how to properly ask for support, Cartel. It's not like you are new to this community but you seem to delight in making everyone else work hard to get necessary information out of you that would help YOU.

And no, reporting Nigaikaze's reply as offensive isn't scoring you any further points either.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2019-05-21, 02:08

Off-topic:
Moonchild wrote:
2019-05-21, 01:53
reporting Nigaikaze's reply as offensive
Oh ... THAT is funny. I'm a gonna be gigglin' about that for quite some time. :lol:

cartel
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by cartel » 2019-05-21, 03:37

Are you guys having a bad day? I'm sorry if you are.
I've been busy and wanted to see live streams of tornado's bearing down on people I know.
I was concerned.

The video wont load, I'm on windows.
safe mode or new profile

thanks
ImageImage

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-05-21, 09:30

I'm sorry if you can't watch the carnage on live streams.
By the time we've gotten necessary info out of you (and this is likely a website misconfiguration anyway judging by the error), the tornadoes will have long since passed.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-05-21, 10:31

FWIW, I clicked on Cartel's link and everything works as normal on the Severe Studios site which includes the Live Storm Chasers, Storm Chaser Map and Dashboard. The Live Storm Chasers is live, but as I type this post, it is showing a night time live feed. Even the headings links work which are: Tornadoes, Funnels, Supercells, Clouds, Flooding, Hail, Lightning, Wind, Fires, Solar and Damage.

I'm using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 28.5.0 running in 64 bit linux Mint 19.1 (Tessa) Xfce. The site sees Pale Moon's user agent mode as Firefox Compatibility. I do have linux Flash 32.0.0.192 plugin installed as well.

The only extensions I'm using in Pale Moon are NoSquint and uBlock Origin.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2019-05-21, 16:25

cartel wrote:
2019-05-21, 03:37
Are you guys having a bad day?
No, we're not having any kind of bad day. We are pointing out behavior of yours that is consistent on your part that is both detrimental to anyone attempting to help you on this forum and contrary to what has been posted here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49

If you have a problem with that, that's your problem, not mine and not Moonchild's.

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2019-05-21, 21:10

At least partially, this seems to be a adblocking issue.
For those live videos, there's a crazy amount of third party connections being made, some of which are directed towards known tracking and ad servers.
I were able to get some of the video streams to play, simply by allowing some of those requests.

However, even with my adblocker completely disabled, some of the videos just won't play regardlessly.
The browser console shows some errors, but I don't know if this is a browser problem, or a site misconfiguration.
Judging from their nasty setup, I'm guessing on the latter.

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2019-05-21, 21:17

coffeebreak wrote:
2019-05-21, 01:51
It will play with Flash Player (defaults to it) if you either use Native user agent mode, or else disable MSE for MP4
(in Preferences > Content). This is assuming you have Flash Player installed/enabled.

You can make a site-specific UA override for severestudios.com using PM's native user agent.
Or in the alternative, install HTML5 Media Tuner and set it to use HTML5 (without MSE) for the relevant domain.
I tried both disabling MSE for MP4 and using a user-agent override for severestudios.com with just PM user-agent. I still received an error.
"Error loading player:
No playable sources found"

The live feed worked at least partially with Safari.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2019-05-22, 00:10

That looks to be a tough one.
At least partially, this seems to be a adblocking issue.
For those live videos, there's a crazy amount of third party connections being made, some of which are directed towards known tracking and ad servers.
I were able to get some of the video streams to play, simply by allowing some of those requests.
I'll agree with that.
I can "generate" the m3u8 crossdomain message with selective blocking in FF (Quantum).
(Like by allowing "themoneytizer.com", in combination with other domains that actually look to be needed.)
Doing that is the only way I've gotten the videos to play (in PM).

(And then there's the fact that these "feeds" seem to come & go without a moments notice.)

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2019-05-22, 05:23

Goodydino wrote:
2019-05-21, 21:17
I tried both disabling MSE for MP4 and using a user-agent override for severestudios.com with just PM user-agent. I still received an error.
"Error loading player:
No playable sources found"
Apparently for some reason a site-specific override doesn't work.

But using Native mode globally,
or in the alternative, disabling MSE (either globally or per site via HTML5 Media Tuner) do work on my machine
(PM 28.5.0, Win 7 x86).

When I do either, the site falls back to using Flash Player, which appears to be needed for these "Storm Chaser" feeds to play in Pale Moon.

pintassilgo

Unread post by pintassilgo » 2019-05-23, 03:46

I had the same issue today.

Steps I took to fix:
- Reload with Network tab opened (Tools > Web Developer > Network);
- Wait for the error, then select the failed request (gray triangle with exclamation mark - screenshot);
- Right-click, open in new tab;
- I Understand the Risks > Add Exception... > Confirm (or in Firefox, Advanced... > Accept the Risk and Continue);
- Close this tab and reload the one with the streaming. Then it played fine here.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-05-23, 09:56

Sooo. it's an issue with *.futemax.tv having a certificate that is issued by a non-trusted CA in LV called GoGetSSL RSA DV.

cartel
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by cartel » 2019-05-26, 05:51

Moonchild wrote:
2019-05-23, 09:56
Sooo. it's an issue with *.futemax.tv having a certificate that is issued by a non-trusted CA in LV called GoGetSSL RSA DV.
I would have never figured that out.
Its working now,
thank you for your help.
2019003.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2019-05-26, 22:02

(I'll just note that I've received that message, at times, when the referrer was being blocked - which is not the case in this instance.

And yes, pintassilgo, a good find :-).)