fortypoundhead.com trojan displayed

Users and developers helping users with technical Pale Moon issues (Windows and other non-Linux O.S.). Please direct questions about the Linux version to the appropriate Linux board.

Moderators: trava90, satrow

Forum rules
This board is for technical/usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only. The main focus here is on Pale Moon on Windows. Please direct your questions for Linux, Android and Mac to the dedicated boards.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in "technical chat"
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
yereverluvinuncleber
Fanatic
Fanatic

fortypoundhead.com trojan displayed

Unread post by yereverluvinuncleber » 2019-05-09, 09:49

When I stop and restart PM on the quickdial page, malwarebytes pops up saying it has blocked a trojan that may be contained within this site: fortypoundhead.com. It has also popped up when I have previously looked at the release notes, I notice there is advertising at the bottom of that page.

Is there a payload on that site that is generating this error for others too or is it just me?

Malwarebytes has just performed a full scan and found nothing of note on this laptop. Clamwin is scanning...
My skills technical and otherwise: VMS system manager 20 years. Fault Tolerance, clustering, Vax, Alpha and ftSparc. DCL, Javascript, VB6, PHP programming. Graphic Design, Technical Project Management, CMS Web Design. DOS and Windows admin since inception. Quad Audio Electronics update and repair. Rebuilding classic cars and motorcycles. Artist in watercolours. Historian. There's more.

yereverluvinuncleber
Fanatic
Fanatic

Re: fortypoundhead.com trojan displayed

Unread post by yereverluvinuncleber » 2019-05-20, 11:39

SOLVED. UNSURE HOW...
My skills technical and otherwise: VMS system manager 20 years. Fault Tolerance, clustering, Vax, Alpha and ftSparc. DCL, Javascript, VB6, PHP programming. Graphic Design, Technical Project Management, CMS Web Design. DOS and Windows admin since inception. Quad Audio Electronics update and repair. Rebuilding classic cars and motorcycles. Artist in watercolours. Historian. There's more.

FortyPoundHead
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by FortyPoundHead » 2019-06-26, 02:11

Webmaster of fortypoundhead.com here. Did the problem turn out to be with my site? or something else?

I checked through all the site code, as well as the database, and didn't find anything that didn't match my last commit. Just want to know if something might be piggybacking on my stuff, somehow.

Thanks!

F22 Simpilot
Lunatic
Lunatic
Location: From RLG fly heading 053 intercept 315 DVV look for the SAM

Unread post by F22 Simpilot » 2019-06-26, 14:05

Doesn't look like your site has malware. https://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/fortypoundhead.com

Though, you may want to fix some of these issues: https://observatory.mozilla.org/analyze ... ndhead.com

Ads can be laced with malware. So be on the look out for that.
If you're that smart and act like a dork, then you're not that smart after all. :geek:

FortyPoundHead
New to the forum
New to the forum

Unread post by FortyPoundHead » 2019-07-03, 01:20

Thanks for getting back to me, F22 Simpilot.

I wanted to make sure that the site hadn't been infiltrated somehow, without my knowledge. I suspected there was a rogue ad somewhere, and it sounds like that was the case.

Thank you also for the other information you provided. I had no idea about some of those things, and I will begin work to remedy those items.