New Update: Glitch When Using Youtube? Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
moonie

New Update: Glitch When Using Youtube?

Unread post by moonie » 2019-03-28, 11:48

Unless Youtube made drastic changes overnight, there is something weird with the new update. The videos load fine, but the right side of screen (where the list of suggested videos would show) is a blank white box.. anyone else experiencing this? Thanks.

moonie

Re: New Update: Glitch When Using Youtube?

Unread post by moonie » 2019-03-28, 12:25

Just opened a YT video in IExplorer, and it looks the way it always does, so I think it must be something caused by this update.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-03-28, 12:28

No problems seen here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

moonie

Unread post by moonie » 2019-03-28, 12:39

Ok, I just tried disabling add-ons, and still no luck with it. What else might be the problem, I wonder.?

rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by rabnbeinn » 2019-03-28, 12:42

No problem here, everything is where it should be and working. :thumbup:

moonie

Unread post by moonie » 2019-03-28, 13:06

UPDATE: It's not PaleMoon, it's apparently something going on with that specific YT account! I signed in under another one, and there was no problem. Wtf? Anyway.. this is not a PaleMoon problem... however any insight into this is still appreciated.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-03-28, 13:14

Maybe it's a setting in your YT account? I don't use it enough so I don't know, but it's possible there's a "related videos" setting or somesuch.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

moonie

Unread post by moonie » 2019-03-28, 13:35

Well, I hadn't changed any YT settings, but I went ahead and took a look anyway just to see what there was, and saw no such setting there. Thanks.

moonie

Unread post by moonie » 2019-03-28, 13:41

Just looked in the Help section and saw that hundreds of other users were currently having same issue, and a fix is pending.