Palemoon becomes unusable on some sites due to loading images.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Bobstooshort

Palemoon becomes unusable on some sites due to loading images.

Unread post by Bobstooshort » 2019-03-22, 12:48

After many years of dedicated use, I'm leaving Palemoon as my main browser and moving to Chrome. The problem started gradually as I noticed that graphics heavy pages loaded slower and slower. At some point it got to the point where all tabs open in the browser would lock up and Palemoon would be unusable for as long as a minute.
I spent some time here reading (I do really and truly love the browser) and it seems that there's some Javascript thinga-ma-jig that sites use to serve images. In Ebay it's not horrible, but the page does jerk as I'm scrolling down. The deal breaker comes when I'm in sites like Tumblr's archive or Pinterest. Palemoon will inhale most of my CPU and RAM, and yes, I went through all the troubleshooting tricks here. In Tumblr it will lockup for as long as a minute. I tried Firefox and it also does the same thing although not nearly as bad.
I guess the problem is endemic to Firefox and therefore to Palemoon too. Until this is fixed, I'll reluctantly use Chrome.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Palemoon becomes unusable on some sites due to loading images.

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-03-23, 11:30

Unfortunately if you just register on the forum to announce that you're leaving, then it'll be difficult to either troubleshoot the issue in your situation or come to an improvement like you hope for.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Bobstooshort

Unread post by Bobstooshort » 2019-03-23, 16:16

I didn't say I was leaving. I said that it (Palemoon browser) was becoming unusable.....
I still love the browser and will keep updating it and using it for many other sites. There's some Java script...oh I said that already didn't I.
This isn't just my problem as I read in another thread about this same phenomena and why it's happening. Firefox will have to address it
then Palemoon will need to implement the fix or update or whatever the heck it is that programmers do.
The reason I just joined is because you boot people after a year of inactivity. I haven't been active because it's been working like
a charm for many years and I'm not going to visit here every few months just to make another 'me too' post. Maybe you should
have something pop up when PM updates itself and asks, "Hi there, how's it going? Still happy with me?"

I really like that with the proper add-ons, PM does stuff easily that other browsers either choke on or don't do at all. I can
grab pictures and video off of any site easily with a few clicks. Even 'hidden' pictures behind fancy code are easy pickings by enabling the
'view page info' gizmo.

Bobstooshort

Unread post by Bobstooshort » 2019-03-23, 16:17

Oh heck...on re-reading my original post I see that I did say that I was leaving. Ignore that, it was
late and I was probably tired.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2019-03-23, 20:49

Bobstooshort wrote:The reason I just joined is because you boot people after a year of inactivity. I haven't been active because it's been working like
a charm for many years and I'm not going to visit here every few months just to make another 'me too' post.
All you have to do to avoid that is to login once during that period, not post anything.

If you would like help solving this problem, please include the information referenced here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Tenvarwen

Unread post by Tenvarwen » 2019-04-14, 22:07

i am trying to update palemoon to the latest version but the package manager won't let me uninstall current version any i deas?oh Tahrpup64
i am new to Tahrpup and don't know yet where to find system info to include if that will help let me know what systen info you need

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2019-04-14, 23:45

Tenvarwen wrote:i am trying to update palemoon to the latest version but the package manager won't let me uninstall current version
You should open up your own new thread in the Pale Moon for Linux support section.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.