Container tabs or multifox

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
sunfish777

Container tabs or multifox

Unread post by sunfish777 » 2019-03-21, 16:54

Hi I just switched to this browser, and I really like it and would like to make it my main browser to ditch chrome and firefox.=
But I cannot figure out how to use either container tabs or multifox on here, container tabs do not exist and multifox simply does not seem to work.
Please tell me how to use either of these on this browser

Lootyhoof
Themeist
Themeist

Re: Container tabs or multifox

Unread post by Lootyhoof » 2019-03-21, 17:23

Container tabs as a concept do not exist on Pale Moon.

Someone would need to fork Multifox to make it compatible. Older versions do work on Pale Moon, however they are incompatible with certain sites, which was fixed in a later version incompatible with Pale Moon. Among other issues.

Basically, it would need a developer to work on it. Anyone is free to step up to do it. :)

sunfish777

Unread post by sunfish777 » 2019-03-21, 17:44

I see, sadly older versions of multifox are not available anywhere. That is unfortunate, back to firefox for me I guess.

mrnhmath
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by mrnhmath » 2019-03-21, 17:49

AFAIK the last version of Multifox works with Basilisk.

yami_

Unread post by yami_ » 2019-03-21, 17:53

Older versions are available form CAA (caa:addon/multifox/versions) and the repo's releases page (https://github.com/hultmann/multifox/releases).

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2019-03-22, 01:23

sunfish777 wrote:I see, sadly older versions of multifox are not available anywhere. That is unfortunate, back to firefox for me I guess.
Man, talk about barely dipping your toe in the water before jumping back out. :wtf:
You know, in a way, I'm very thankful for FF and Chrome. Keeps the PM pond clean. :lol: :mrgreen: