Pale Moon as file browser

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
zemlik

Pale Moon as file browser

Unread post by zemlik » 2019-03-18, 03:10

hello,
I was on my local apache website I made with links.
My mouse went to sleep and I was shaking it about and clicking to wake it up and Pale Moon page switched to an ftp type page showing file structure of my windows PC's C drive.
"that's quite useful" but don't see how to reproduce that.
how to make Pale Moon file browser ?
zemlik

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Pale Moon as file browser

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-03-18, 07:29

In your frantic clicking about, you probably dragged & dropped a drive/file folder on the Pale Moon window.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

zemlik

Unread post by zemlik » 2019-03-18, 08:41

cheers,
that's handy. better than opening file from separate window and seems quick.

Lucio Chiappetti
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by Lucio Chiappetti » 2019-03-18, 11:37

Well, for a Linux user with no drag-and-drop, one can open any directory opening a blank tab and typing an URL like this to access directory /xxxxx/yyyy

Code: Select all

file:///xxxxx/yyyy
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. (G.B. Shaw)