Users and developers helping users with technical Pale Moon issues (Windows and other non-Linux O.S.). Please direct questions about the Linux version to the appropriate Linux board.
Moderators: trava90, satrow
This board is for technical/usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only. The main focus here is on Pale Moon on Windows. Please direct your questions for Linux, Android and Mac to the dedicated boards.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in "technical chat"
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
- Pale Moon guru
- Posts: 22305
- Joined: Sun, 28 Aug 2011, 17:27
- Location: 58.5°N 15.5°E
If you run into strange behavior in Pale Moon (e.g. graphics are wrong, buttons are missing, controls are not responding, etc.) that make it seem like the browser is horribly broken, it may be due to cache and/or profile corruption.
Some basic troubleshooting steps to follow:
- First try clearing your cache and setting a fixed amount for cache management of 250MB (tools -> options -> advanced -> tab network; "clear now" "override automatic cache management")
After clearing, immediately exit the browser, and then restart it.
- If that doesn't help, try selecting "restart with add-ons disabled" in the "Help" menu. This will present you the "Safe Mode" startup dialog - try checking "reset toolbars and controls" and "reset all user preferences" and click "make changes and restart"
- If that doesn't work either, repeat the process but then also select "disable all add-ons; if that fixes it, the trouble is caused by one of your add-ons (that may not be compatible with Pale Moon 7.x), you'll have to enable them one by one and see which one is the culprit in that case.
- If even that doesn't work, something may be seriously wrong with your profile. Try starting Pale Moon's profile manager ("palemoon -profilemanager" from the command line), creating a new profile (and for sake of ease, tell it to show the profile manager every time) and see if that fixes your issue. If it does, please go to the following page for instructions on recovering important data from an old profile (for Firefox, but the same applies to Pale Moon)
http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Recovering important data from an old profile
Improving Mozilla code: You know you're on the right track with code changes when you spend the majority of your time deleting code.
"If you want to build a better world for yourself, you have to be willing to build one for everybody." -- Coyote Osborne
Take note: 23 November is Wolfenoot! Eat roast meat and/or cake decorated like the full moon. #wolfenoot
Return to “General support”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests