? Correcting Mozilla runtime error after latest PM update Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
jwarner2

? Correcting Mozilla runtime error after latest PM update

Unread post by jwarner2 » 2019-01-22, 03:40

Yesterday I installed the latest PM update and restarted. However, when I tried to open PM again, I got a message box that said, “Could not find the Mozilla runtime.” Searching the Internet, I found this page that tells how to correct this error in Firefox and keep the tabs and bookmarks:

https://www.geekdashboard.com/fix-could ... ime-error/

Q: Can I get PM up and running using this same procedure, and will it keep my tabs and bookmarks? I am running Win7 Pro.

Thank you so much for your help with this.

Jane

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: ? Correcting Mozilla runtime error after latest PM update

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-01-22, 12:30

Something interfered with your update, like antivirus deleting an essential component.

I'm not sure what all that article suggests but it should be as simple as reinstalling Pale Moon with the standalone installers offered on the website. Make sure your AV isn't interfering this time.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

jwarner2

Re: ? Correcting Mozilla runtime error after latest PM update

Unread post by jwarner2 » 2019-01-24, 05:29

Hello, Moonchild!

Thanks for replying to my question. The problem was indeed an AV interference. I have corrected that, upgraded PM, and all is well for now.

Thanks again.

Jane