Pinned tab and Audio playing icon

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Alexium 67
Fanatic
Fanatic

Pinned tab and Audio playing icon

Unread post by Alexium 67 » 2019-01-18, 08:28

I found small and probably unresolvable issue with Audio playing icon. When tab is pinned this icon override almost all tab area. It causes trouble with mouse clicking on the tab - I should target to the small area near bottom left tab corner. Please, if it possible... Possible? Hmm... I view only way - increasing pinned tab width.

I disabled this string browser.tabs.showAudioPlayingIcon for a while

Thanks anyway for your work.

_yuyu_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Pinned tab and Audio playing icon

Unread post by _yuyu_ » 2019-01-18, 12:11

For me this icon is not too big.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (4.93 KiB) Viewed 516 times
As a workaround you can disable it on pinned tabs by adding this to userChrome.css:

Code: Select all

.tabbrowser-tab[pinned] .tab-icon-overlay {
  display: none !important;
}
Pale Moon 32-bit on Win 7 x64

Hugga

Unread post by Hugga » 2019-01-19, 13:21

_yuyu_ wrote: As a workaround you can disable it on pinned tabs by adding this to userChrome.css:
Not trying to hijack this thread, but would you have a workaround for moving the speaker icon to the left side of the tab's close button for an unpinned tab? I'm not confident with css

The speaker icon displays on the right side of the close button normally, so pushes the close button out of it's normal position. I love the new feature, but I hate its location. I'm a big believer that interface buttons should remain consistent.

_yuyu_
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by _yuyu_ » 2019-01-19, 14:07

Hugga wrote:
_yuyu_ wrote: As a workaround you can disable it on pinned tabs by adding this to userChrome.css:
Not trying to hijack this thread, but would you have a workaround for moving the speaker icon to the left side of the tab's close button for an unpinned tab? I'm not confident with css

The speaker icon displays on the right side of the close button normally, so pushes the close button out of it's normal position. I love the new feature, but I hate its location. I'm a big believer that interface buttons should remain consistent.
Try this: UPD. Previous code was wrong. Here is the correct one:

Code: Select all

.tabbrowser-tab .tab-icon-image {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2 !important;
}

.tabbrowser-tab .tab-icon-sound {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 4 !important;
}

.tabbrowser-tab .tab-label {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 3 !important;
}

.tabbrowser-tab .tab-close-button {
  -moz-box-ordinal-group: 5 !important;
}
Pale Moon 32-bit on Win 7 x64

Hugga

Unread post by Hugga » 2019-01-20, 08:55

Thanks for the code, but it doesn't seem to work for me. Nevermind, I appreciate the suggestion and might research it a little more myself one day.

Alexium 67
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Alexium 67 » 2019-01-22, 15:27

I see. This advice. I'll use it one day. But I want to say another thing about this indicator. On the my home PC with Win10 and default blue theme PM have gray background for an active tab. But playing indicator is white. I recommend to do it dark gray same as the close tab button.
Tab.jpg
Tab.jpg (1.24 KiB) Viewed 337 times