how to hide statusbar?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
trofey

how to hide statusbar?

Unread post by trofey » 2019-01-16, 18:16

if click right button on it there is no "status bar" option so i cant untick it
previously i remember i hid it
there was an icon of extension on it, i hid it but status bar is still there

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: how to hide statusbar?

Unread post by loxodont » 2019-01-16, 18:30

R-click in the Menu/Navigation area shows the Status Bar option here. I can turn it on and off (with 3 icons on it).
If you go into the Menu and hover over >Preferences there should be the same option to uncheck the Status Bar (or use Ctr and / Keys).
Does that work for you?
* Also, is it only the Status Bar missing in the right-click options, and other options for Navigation Bar, Menu Bar,etc... are there?

trofey

Unread post by trofey » 2019-01-16, 18:43

loxodont wrote:R-click in the Menu/Navigation area shows the Status Bar option here. I can turn it on and off (with 3 icons on it).
If you go into the Menu and hover over >Preferences there should be the same option to uncheck the Status Bar (or use Ctr and / Keys).
no i have no status bar option there
loxodont wrote: Also, is it only the Status Bar missing in the right-click options, and other options for Navigation Bar, Menu Bar,etc... are there?
all other options are there

i tryed to launch pale mooon in safe mode - there i have no statusbar, but there is an option in menu so i can switch it on... maybe some extension affect it...?
Last edited by trofey on 2019-01-16, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2019-01-16, 19:08

I would guess so... and try to disable (temporarily) the most related add-ons first, which might modify the user interface. One after the other, with restarts after each one.

*edit: I just had a similar problem, caused by an add-on. From the advice I got, it could also be caused by a (Full) Theme that you are using.

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2019-01-16, 20:21

Why can you not just pull down the View manu, choose Toolbars, and uncheck Status Bar?

trofey

Unread post by trofey » 2019-01-16, 20:40

Goodydino wrote:Why can you not just pull down the View manu, choose Toolbars, and uncheck Status Bar?
there is no statusbar there

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2019-01-16, 20:56

If you press the keys Control, Shift, / at the same time, does this toggle the Status Bar on and off?
*depends on the keyboard layout. Ctrl+/ is the normal command, but I have to use Shift-key too, for the slash /
Last edited by loxodont on 2019-01-16, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.

trofey

Unread post by trofey » 2019-01-16, 21:01

yeah, it appears above the one that i already have
maybe the thing i want to remove is not the status bar, maybe its another bar?

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-01-16, 21:05

trofey wrote:maybe the thing i want to remove is not the status bar, maybe its another bar?
Well then, since you're not sure of what you call the status bar, can you give us a screenshot of what you're trying to remove?
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

trofey

Unread post by trofey » 2019-01-16, 21:09

here is the photo, just some bar in the bottom of the screen it is empty - no icons there, but i can put them there
Attachments
Untitled.jpg
Untitled.jpg (11.88 KiB) Viewed 576 times

Michaell
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Michaell » 2019-01-16, 21:20

From the icons, looks like you have Menu Wizard installed. If so, use that to reenable Status Bar menu entry.
Win10home(1709), PM33.1.0-portable as of Apr 23, '24

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2019-01-17, 10:11

... and if "Menu Wizard" doesn't bring the Status Bar options back, I would recommend a test to disable those other 3rd party toolbars (LastPass and S3. Google Translator), one after the other, which might have replaced/disabled/corrupted the Status Bar (options).

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2019-01-17, 13:54

Or use Ctrl + / to do it with the keyboard.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite