Limit URLs Palemoon can access?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
jmp242

Limit URLs Palemoon can access?

Unread post by jmp242 » 2019-01-10, 21:39

I want to only allow palemoon to access certain internal address ranges. The best solution I've come up with is to use foxyproxy - but that only works for my profile. Is there a way to deploy the extension AND configuration like we did with Firefox ESR52 and earlier?

I would use the firewall on Windows, but sadly it doesn't allow a deny all except the allow rules - deny always wins from what I can tell. I don't want to do this system wide, because we're using PaleMoon just for the java plugin for very specific legacy hardware - Modern firefox is fine to any internet address, so I can't do it in a Firewall box because that wouldn't know which browser I'm trying to limit.

So - can we predeploy foxyproxy at a "system level" including config? Or maybe someone knows how to do the magic with Windows firewall rules that are limited to one program?

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Limit URLs Palemoon can access?

Unread post by Tomaso » 2019-01-10, 22:00

I'm actually using 'uBlock Origin' to achieve something similar, because of this issue:
https://github.com/MoonchildProductions ... -419396894

I've set up Pale Moon Portable v27.9.4, with the following rules in uBO:

Code: Select all

@@altibox.dk
@@altibox.net
@@altibox.no
@@gstatic.com$domain=altibox.dk|altibox.net|altibox.no
@@xstream.dk$domain=altibox.dk|altibox.net|altibox.no
@@xstream.no$domain=altibox.dk|altibox.net|altibox.no
Basically, the asteriks (*) blocks everything, and the rest of the rules are exceptions.
This allows me to use PM27 only for the service that I need it for, and prevents it from connecting to anything else.

--

EDIT:
Oh, you'd probably also want to remove the 'behind-the-scene' line, from uBO's Whitelist window too.

jmp242

Re: Limit URLs Palemoon can access?

Unread post by jmp242 » 2019-01-11, 13:40

Hmmm, ABO might work too, but I still need it to take effect in other profiles than the one I set it up under.