Twitter vids

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Couperin
Moonbather
Moonbather

Twitter vids

Unread post by Couperin » 2019-01-05, 17:46

In the last 2 weeks whether embedded in other sites or directly when I try and view any vid in a Twitter posting I get an error message that it cannot be played with this browser. AFAIK I haven't changed anything that should affect this and I've tried Safe Mode and still get the same failure. Here's a typical link:

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/10 ... 3383296000

What am I doing wrong ?

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Twitter vids

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-01-05, 17:57

I clicked on the link you provided and the meowing cat with the heavy metal lyrics video played just fine. BTW, thanks for providing the direct clickable link forTwitter.

I'm using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 28.2.2 running in 64 bit linux Mint 19.1 (Tessa) Xfce. The only addons I'm now using are NoSquint and uBlock Origin.

I'll check on my Windows 7 hard drive to see if the embedded Twitter video will play in windows Pale Moon.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-01-05, 18:04

I'm using my Windows 7 hard drive now.

After clicking on the same link, the embedded Twitter cat heavy metal lyrics video plays for me as well with no problems either.

This hard drive is using 32 bit windows Pale Moon 28.2.2 running in 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium SP1. I have the same extensions in use as well, NoSquint and uBlock Origin.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-01-05, 18:12

I'm back on my default linux hard drive now.

Sometimes cookies get corrupted. Have you tried deleting all of your cookies for Twitter? This is just a shot in the dark, but it may or may not work.

As for user agent and Twitter, I use the default user agent for both linux and windows so I have never changed those for Twitter. I'm also in Firefox Compatibility mode too in both linux and windows Pale Moon.

Couperin
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Couperin » 2019-01-05, 18:27

I'm running 64 bit 29.2.2 under Win 8.1 and, as I said, I get the following error message:

We cannot play the video in this browser. Please try a different web browser.

Note it plays fine in current Firefox or Vivaldi, and since it fails in safe mode I assume my plugins don't matter...for the record I run current UBlock Origin as the only thing that should have any effect, and I also run that with all my other browsers...

Currently my User Agent is set to:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:60.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/4.1 Firefox/60.9 PaleMoon/28.2.2

which I believe is the 28.2.2 default?

I deleted all Twitter cookies...no difference.

Stumped...

Couperin
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Couperin » 2019-01-05, 18:32

Problem solved...

somehow Enable Media Source Extensions got unchecked in my preferences...no clue how that happened.