Night mode on Youtube Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
tecnochango

Night mode on Youtube

Unread post by tecnochango » 2018-12-17, 03:18

Hello to all! I'm new with Pale Moon and I'm very impressed about the functionality. But I want to know, is there a way to active night mode on youtube? Or in Pale Moon it can't be activated?
Thanks in advance

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Night mode on Youtube

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-12-17, 04:03

I'm assuming you mean the Dark Theme in YouTube.

Type in the Navigation/Address Bar "about:config" without the quotation marks. Click your enter key. Accept the warning. Then in in the Search field type:

Code: Select all

general.useragent.override.youtube.com
Then create this string if you are using windows or linux since you didn't state what operating system you are using. First choice is for windows 7 and the second choice is for linux.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:64.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/64.0 (Pale Moon)

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:64.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/64.0 (Pale Moon)
Then go to the YouTube site. To the left of "Sign In" on the far upper right of the page, there are three vertical dots. These three dots are the settings buttons. Left click on those and a context window will open up. The first choice in the context window is "Dark Theme" so left click to turn it on.
Last edited by Night Wing on 2018-12-17, 04:09, edited 2 times in total.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Al6bus
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by Al6bus » 2018-12-17, 10:58

Windows 7 Pro x64 - Pale Moon x64
We hope for multiprocessing

tecnochango

Unread post by tecnochango » 2018-12-17, 17:28

Night Wing wrote:I'm assuming you mean the Dark Theme in YouTube.

Type in the Navigation/Address Bar "about:config" without the quotation marks. Click your enter key. Accept the warning. Then in in the Search field type:

general.useragent.override.youtube.com
Then create this string if you are using windows or linux since you didn't state what operating system you are using. First choice is for windows 7 and the second choice is for linux.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:64.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/64.0 (Pale Moon)

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:64.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/64.0 (Pale Moon)
Then go to the YouTube site. To the left of "Sign In" on the far upper right of the page, there are three vertical dots. These three dots are the settings buttons. Left click on those and a context window will open up. The first choice in the context window is "Dark Theme" so left click to turn it on.
thanks I'll try now. Sorry for my bad english. Yes, is Windows 7

tecnochango

Unread post by tecnochango » 2018-12-17, 17:33

tooshorttoolong
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tooshorttoolong » 2018-12-17, 20:01

I use and recommend the addon Advanced Night Mode (it’s not just for youtube but for all the sites).
Last edited by tooshorttoolong on 2018-12-17, 20:02, edited 1 time in total.

tecnochango

Unread post by tecnochango » 2018-12-18, 03:47

tooshorttoolong wrote:I use and recommend the addon Advanced Night Mode (it’s not just for youtube but for all the sites).
I used and it's nice but I don't know why in some pages the black covers the letters for ex. (newspapers webpages)

tooshorttoolong
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by tooshorttoolong » 2018-12-18, 18:28

tecnochango wrote: I used and it's nice but I don't know why in some pages the black covers the letters for ex. (newspapers webpages)
Because the web is full of web sites made by incompetent people (probably they set only the background color and not the text color, or the opposite).
Usually changing the method used by Advanced Night Mode for the site works.

tecnochango

Unread post by tecnochango » 2018-12-28, 03:04

I'm trying to use it but is impossible. I install Stylem and copy that URL and stays loading and never add the style

tommanheier

Unread post by tommanheier » 2019-04-12, 05:39

I've had some problems with running the dark mode on YouTube in Firefox. I ahv esearched some sources and found at Rocketfiles (rocketfiles.com/articles/how-to-activate-youtube-dark-mode-in-chrome-firefox-edge-opera) how I can operate with this issue. If you use Firefox so you need to open Youtube and log in. After you should open the web developer tools and type document.cookie=”VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE” in console. And everything will work. Just try. If something wrog, you cna reply.

TheRobin
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Unread post by TheRobin » 2019-04-12, 17:53