F11 (Full Screen) without effect on some websites

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Bito_MUC
Moonbather
Moonbather

F11 (Full Screen) without effect on some websites

Unread post by Bito_MUC » 2018-12-16, 14:03

Hi Pale Moon friends everywhere,

I have a problem with the website https://geoportal.bayern.de/bayernatlas: When I press F11 to see it in full screen (without toolbars etc.), my Pale Moon (v28.2.2, 64-bit on Win 7 pro, 64-bit) does not react at all: Instead, the view remains as it is. The only way to get that site in full scren mode is via the [view] menu, but this is a one way street, because then I cannot go back to normal view by pressing F11. To me it seems as if Pale Moon simply ignores the F11 key when this website is on the active tab.
Can someone reproduce this behaviour? And if not: Does someone has an idea, what might be wrong here?

config.sys says:
browser.fullscreen.animateUp; 0
browser.fullscreen.autohide; true
browser.link.open_newwindow.disabled_in_fullscreen; false
status4evar.advanced.status.detectFullScreen; false

Thank you in advance for help.
Pale Moon 32.1.0 (64-bit), German locale, on Windows 10 pro (22H2)

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: F11 (Full Screen) without effect on some websites

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-12-16, 14:29

The website acts like a web application - it explicitly disables F11 Full Screen (and the context menu on the map, etc.). It does, however, offer an html5 fullscreen function (Vollbild in the top menu).
I'm not sure why they disable F11 fullscreen from within the web application -- as they don't seem to be mapping it to any internal function (which is normally when you would do this). You can bring this to their attention and ask them to not do this.
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-12-16, 14:33, edited 1 time in total.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

Bito_MUC
Moonbather
Moonbather

Re: F11 (Full Screen) without effect on some websites

Unread post by Bito_MUC » 2018-12-16, 15:38

Hi Moonchild, thank you for your quick answer. I am happy, that the problem is not a problem of Pale Moon but a problem of the designers of the respective website. Another consequence of this strange idea of these people is, that the word "Vollbild" is not visible when you use the sidebar (e.g. for bookmarks) or when there are more Tabs open than fit into one line (with the extension Tab Mix Plus, I could set a multi-row view in this case). So, if you use the sidebar or have many tabs open, you cannot go to full screen via the html5 function on the website. I don't believe that this was intended by the designers.

Luckily, Pale Moon offers a turnaround: With the respective integrated Toolbar Button I can quickly change to "full screen" view (even if I don't see the "Vollbild" link). To go back to normal view I have to set the mouse to the top of the screen and right click "stop full screen".
:-)
Once again thank for your help
Pale Moon 32.1.0 (64-bit), German locale, on Windows 10 pro (22H2)