Go back a rev?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
VLMin
Astronaut
Astronaut

Go back a rev?

Unread post by VLMin » 2018-12-11, 23:47

I have PM 28.2.2 installed, and I wish to go back to 28.2.1 for a short bit. I have downloaded the installer. Can I just run it, or is some preparation required first?

Thank you.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Go back a rev?

Unread post by therube » 2018-12-12, 02:59

Backup & go for it.

Or use the portable version.

Even better, tell what issue you're having.

VLMin
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by VLMin » 2018-12-12, 04:49

Thank you.

This is an attempt to reverse the problem I recently reported, wherein the context menu does not function in the Library. I am attempting to discover when and how the problem originated.

I ran PM in safe mode, and the context menu worked fine. So I suspect that an extension is broken. I'm trying to discover where, along the way, that may have happened.

I disabled and even removed several extensions that seemed like likely culprits, but to no avail.

I realize that another alternative is to create a new profile in PM 28.2.2, and if this approach fails, I will try that.

I would be most grateful for any other input anyone might wish to share.

I started a new thread with a new subject line, because I suspect that, from time to time, others may be curious about going back a minor rev or two, independent of my context menu issue.

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2018-12-12, 12:20

Disable all your extensions manually and restart. Enable them one or a few at a time til you find the one causing the problem.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

VLMin
Astronaut
Astronaut

SOLVED: Go back a rev?

Unread post by VLMin » 2018-12-12, 18:55

I went back a rev, no effect.

I began disabling extensions in groups and found the problem: Menu Wizard. But this was user error, not a problem with the extension. The user, yours truly, unchecked the Bookmarks Toolbar, causing the bookmarks context menu not to display. It's misnamed, IMO. Will report to author.

Thanks to all who helped!