Bold Font for Title bar, Bookmark bar..

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
wavymoon
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by wavymoon » 2018-12-07, 16:07

Until recently I had a Bold Font for Title bar & Bookmark bar, after changing Windows 10 OS font size and display res to allow me to view a print dialog box and returning to the previous settings I no longer have this.
I have spent way too much time with Mr Google to no avail trying to return to my former state to no avail.
I have attached images in both states.
I am sure I must have done something to get bold fonts in the first place but I do not seem to have notes on just what.
"H:\PaleMoonProfile\chrome\userChrome.css" & "H:\PaleMoonProfile\chrome\userContent.css"
are both shown as recently modified even though I suspect that would have been where I made the changes.
Can someone give me some direction while I still have a bit of hair left. :(

(I am at this point also wondering if this is a 'Windows' thing and W10 is not letting me set what I used to have set for system fonts)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by wavymoon on 2018-12-07, 16:10, edited 1 time in total.

Michaell
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: Bold Font for Title bar, Bookmark bar..

Unread post by Michaell » 2018-12-07, 17:46

It would be in userChrome; userContent is for the page content area. I don't tinker with css much anymore but it seems like this would be easy enough.

Also, not exactly what you're asking about but you might find this useful too:
Address Bar & Search Bar More Readable by riiis, at PM addons site.

Another thing that might help in the future is making regular backups; FEBE is good for that, but you can do it manually.
Win10home(1709), PM33.1.0-portable as of Apr 23, '24

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2018-12-07, 18:04

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

wavymoon
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by wavymoon » 2018-12-07, 19:06

Thanks to both of you. I will bookmark both options. I am thinking, that since I DO use FEBE I can go back a week (after a save) and see what everything looks like.

However I am thinking I am seeing a windows problem until testing says otherwise....
If anyone knows the css to change the Bookmarks Toolbar to a Bold font or a site that actually has info on it rather than a bunch of links that go around in a circle I would appreciate that.

I will update here with further developments...

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-12-07, 19:17

wavymoon wrote:If anyone knows the css to change the Bookmarks Toolbar to a Bold font
This seems to work for the Bookmarks bar in userChrome.css:

Code: Select all

/*Bold labels for items directly on the bookmarks bar*/

toolbarbutton.bookmark-item .toolbarbutton-text {
    font-weight: bold !important;
}

And if you like...

Code: Select all

/*Bold labels for bookmarks inside of folders on the bookmarks bar*/

#PlacesToolbarItems menupopup .menu-iconic-text {
    font-weight: bold !important;
}
Concerning the Title bar, your screenshots show that you use your operating system's windows for the browser (you use the Menu bar, not the Pale Moon button). AFAIK that can't be tweaked via css (you might take a read through this thread.)

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by doofy » 2018-12-07, 19:17

#PersonalToolbar
{font-weight: bold !important;}

wavymoon
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by wavymoon » 2018-12-07, 19:34

Thank you both!

wavymoon
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by wavymoon » 2018-12-07, 23:00

I loaded an old profile and still have the small non bolded font. I am going to blame MS for now and repost my problem at Windows Secrets to see if they can locate the missing system font options in Windows 10 ....

Thanks again for your help, if I can not get windows as a whole to behave I should now be able to get PM to be viewable.
:crazy: :D

wavymoon
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by wavymoon » 2018-12-08, 14:39

Ok I refound a program I must have used in my download directory not my APPS dir. Mea Culpa. Change resolution or Font size in windows must have reset something in windows. I used "Advanced System Font Changer" and set every thing to bold and the result in PM was as hoped :D