Auto-loading tabs when opened during session, but not loading them all at session start?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Stilez

Auto-loading tabs when opened during session, but not loading them all at session start?

Unread post by Stilez » 2018-12-07, 12:16

I'm a self-confessed heavy tab user. So when the session starts, or a bunch of tabs are loaded at one go (eg using "open tabs from clipboard), I don't want the tabs to try and load. Otherwise some sites like Google will get multiple fast hits, and the IP gets temp blocked as a possible questionable IP, and the machine freezes for a while and can hit high memory loads when I don't need it to.

Right now I'm using "Don't load tabs until selected" so that's fine, but that raises the inverse issue: When I go to a search page and open 10 tabs (using ctrl-click) to review them afterwards, they *all* open as unloaded, whereas I'd really like links opened with ctrl-click (specifically) to auto- load when created.

I know it sounds contradictory, but it's useful and PM is capable of doing it. Is there an easy way to make it work like that? Or would it need some kind of small extension to intercept and modify the action for ctrl-click?
Last edited by Stilez on 2018-12-07, 12:19, edited 1 time in total.

JustOff

Re: Auto-loading tabs when opened during session, but not loading them all at session start?

Unread post by JustOff » 2018-12-07, 16:29

Stilez wrote:Right now I'm using "Don't load tabs until selected" so that's fine, but that raises the inverse issue: When I go to a search page and open 10 tabs (using ctrl-click) to review them afterwards, they *all* open as unloaded, whereas I'd really like links opened with ctrl-click (specifically) to auto- load when created.
I can't reproduce this problem on a clean profile, perhaps you have some conflicting add-on installed.