Turn off Pale Moon preventing redirects Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
floatingkeyboards

Turn off Pale Moon preventing redirects

Unread post by floatingkeyboards » 2018-11-26, 07:04

I would like to turn off Pale Moon from blocking redirects for certain sites that are "piloting" the redirect. Alternatively, I would be ok with allowing redirects for a short period of time, as opposed to allowing site specific redirects.
Last edited by floatingkeyboards on 2018-11-26, 07:05, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Turn off Pale Moon preventing redirects

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-11-26, 08:12

Pale Moon does not block redirects by default.
If you are talking about the accessibility feature, then I'm sorry but that will not be made "selective" as that is not its purpose.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

floatingkeyboards

Unread post by floatingkeyboards » 2018-12-10, 15:32

I am not familiar with all of the settings and the terminology.
At the top of the screen (where the top of the web page would normally be displayed), a message comes up saying that Palemoon prevented the site from redirecting. Part of what's displayed is a button where you can click "allow." One time this even occurred on the Pale Moon website. Here is a screen shot.
redirect.JPG
I guess you are saying that this was caused by a setting that I changed, which I suppose is quite possible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by floatingkeyboards on 2018-12-10, 15:36, edited 1 time in total.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2018-12-10, 16:54

floatingkeyboards wrote:I guess you are saying that this was caused by a setting that I changed, which I suppose is quite possible.
What is your setting for the accessibility.blockautorefresh preference? I'm guessing you have it set to true. Setting it back to the default of false should remove that message and allow redirects, but that would do it for all sites, not just specific sites.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

Goodydino
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by Goodydino » 2018-12-11, 17:39

If you want the redirect to happen, just click "Allow".

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-12-11, 20:59

Goodydino wrote:If you want the redirect to happen, just click "Allow".
That will only fix it for that one redirect. It will ask again next time.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite