REQUEST: Insert new Tabs next to current Tab

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
yereverluvinuncleber
Lunatic
Lunatic

REQUEST: Insert new Tabs next to current Tab

Unread post by yereverluvinuncleber » 2018-11-19, 12:56

Following on from an older thread, I do think that Palemoon should have this improved functionality by default. PM should be able to insert new tabs next to current tab and not always place it right at the very end. If you have dozens of tabs open it can be really useful to open up a new tab at the current position.

browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent - does nothing.

My preference would be for a new tab right click action - "create new tab here"
My skills technical & otherwise: VMS system manager 20 years. Fault Tolerance, clustering, Vax, Alpha and ftSparc. DCL, QB45, VB.NET, VB6, PHP, Javascript. Graphic Design, Project Management, CMS Web Design. DOS and Windows admin since 1985. Quad Audio Electronics update and repair. Rebuilding classic cars and motorcycles. Artist in watercolours. Historian. There's more.

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: REQUEST: Insert new Tabs next to current Tab

Unread post by doofy » 2018-11-19, 13:01

Tab Mix Plus or Tab Utilities Phoenix

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-11-19, 13:22

I use the "Tab control" (0.7.8.2) extension for this, myself -- no need for a heavy extension like TMP.
tabcontrol1.png
browser.tabs.insertRelatedAfterCurrent is only, as the name says, for -related- tabs, i.e. tabs opened from a link in the page.
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-11-19, 13:25, edited 2 times in total.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

yereverluvinuncleber
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by yereverluvinuncleber » 2018-11-19, 20:09

That, unfortunately seems like a not-easy-to-find extension - any idea where I would find that extension/version now?
My skills technical & otherwise: VMS system manager 20 years. Fault Tolerance, clustering, Vax, Alpha and ftSparc. DCL, QB45, VB.NET, VB6, PHP, Javascript. Graphic Design, Project Management, CMS Web Design. DOS and Windows admin since 1985. Quad Audio Electronics update and repair. Rebuilding classic cars and motorcycles. Artist in watercolours. Historian. There's more.

yereverluvinuncleber
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by yereverluvinuncleber » 2018-11-20, 09:51

Thankyou.

There needs to be an 'unoffical' location where we can post and store old version of extensions that the author has removed, may no longer be on GIThub and is not in the official PM repository - is there any place like this?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-11-21, 19:23

yereverluvinuncleber wrote:There needs to be an 'unoffical' location where we can post and store old version of extensions that the author has removed, may no longer be on GIThub and is not in the official PM repository - is there any place like this?
No, because it's a legal can of worms to run something like that (it would need constant supervision to make sure licenses aren't breached, no malware version are posted, etc.). Instead of just reposting I suggest people re-brand extensions and publish them on addons.palemoon.org instead.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite