VendorIDMismatch V [Wrong GPU]

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
snertev

VendorIDMismatch V [Wrong GPU]

Unread post by snertev » 2018-11-12, 09:03

Hello *,

I've a notebook with a Intel HD4000 and a NVIDIA 610m GPU (Optimus technology - Win 10 Home).

Since I use that PC like a desktop always plugged in and with a ethernet ultra-broadband Internet connection, I usually set it via Nvidia Control Center so that it uses the discrete GPU for any application.

When I right click on Pale Moon desktop shortcut I can see that it is using Nvidia GPU on default and it works as expected in accelerating WebGL apps or in decoding h264 video files. I can see it via Windows GPU utility.

However in Pale Moon about:support I get:

Diagnostics
AzureCanvasAccelerated 0
AzureCanvasBackend direct2d 1.1
AzureContentBackend direct2d 1.1
AzureFallbackCanvasBackend cairo
failures [GFX1-]: VendorIDMismatch V 0x8086 0x10de

Registry error
VendorIDMismatch V 0x8086 0x10de

0x8086 is the Intel card, while 0x10de is the NVIDIA one, and, indeed, Pale moon says it is using Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 card, while it is not, because Windows GPU utility is clearly saying It's using the Nvidia 610m.

Indeed, I'm not a GPU expert, therefore here it is my question: is that mismatch something I have to worry about or not?

On this same PC, I get these behaviors in different browsers:

* chromium based browsers: there is no mismatch, Nvidia is declared to be used, but it works partially (it doens't hardware decode h264 videos, but WebGL is accelerated)

* Firefox: there is no mismatch, Nvidia is declared to be used and it is really used in any situation it is needed.

I know Optimus Tech is not really reliable, but I don't want to miss any feature because of that failed test in Pale Moon or, worse, to stress my rather old GPU.

Any information about this issue is welcomed.
Last edited by snertev on 2018-11-12, 09:08, edited 2 times in total.