"Password Required" multiple times

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
WestOne
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

"Password Required" multiple times

Unread post by WestOne » 2018-11-10, 09:36

Hello,

I use a master password and I use Sync. When I start PM and visit a site that requires a password from the password manager, the Password Required window appears:
Password Required.jpg

After I've entered the password, the same Password Required window reappears and I need to enter the password again, and often, yet another time. I'm quite sure that this isn't caused by typos.

Is this normal behavior? I believe it began after I started using Sync.

Thanks for the info.

Version: 28.1.0 (64-bit)
Windows 7 Pro

Regards.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yami_

Re: "Password Required" multiple times

Unread post by yami_ » 2018-11-10, 10:14

Actually I might have a similar problem. Usually after the browser starts it will ask for the password, because it wants to sync my data. Then when I go to a web site that I have my login details stored for (I doubt this is valid English grammar) Pale Moon will ask for the password again. In Tycho it would simply remembered that I have already provided a valid password before.

Sylvermoon
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Re: "Password Required" multiple times

Unread post by Sylvermoon » 2018-11-11, 14:19

I also have a similar issue with PaleMoon 28.1.0 64bit. On one site (just the one), my credit union, if I have that tab on top after entering the username, then when the password popup opens, there's a stack of 3 of them. If I move the cursor to another tab, or to my other screen, I get only 1 password dialog. Very odd.