Not working page? Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Octopuss

Not working page?

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-11-07, 19:39

https://www.smartlabs.cz/
Does this work for others? It gives me 404 error (by the page, not generated by the browser btw). It worked recently, but I reinstalled Windows yesterday, and now it doesn't. I only copied my PM profile over, so I don't think it should affect anything.

Is there any log in PM I can possibly check?

yami_

Re: Not working page?

Unread post by yami_ » 2018-11-07, 19:45

Works for me (HTTP/2.0 200 OK). As for the logs there is Tools > Web Developer > Error Console and Dev Tools Network mode if you want to diagnose connection problems.
Last edited by yami_ on 2018-11-07, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-11-07, 19:48

Doesn't work even in safe mode :wtf:
Why does stuff always have to do weird things to me!

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-11-07, 19:51

Awesome. It does work in new profile. Now what. I don't feel like redoing all settings again. Besides, the profile is not old in the first place :evil:

yami_

Unread post by yami_ » 2018-11-07, 20:01

All I can say for now is that this site works regardless of accepting or rejecting cookies and UA compatibility mode.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-11-07, 20:02

404 is "not found", so maybe it was just a fluke.
Try it again in your original Profile.

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-11-07, 21:48

Octopuss wrote:Awesome. It does work in new profile. Now what. I don't feel like redoing all settings again. Besides, the profile is not old in the first place :evil:
If it fails in safe mode but works in a new profile, the culprit may be some settings in your main profile. Your best bet is to take a look at the "Important Modified Preferences" section on the about:support page, and seeing if anything stands out as a likely culprit. Considering that it's the website serving the 404 page, it could be any number of things. Have you done as Yami suggested and looked at the error console for any error messages?
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-11-07, 22:29

The site works for me also using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 28.1.0 running in 64 bit linux Mint 19 (Tara) Xfce. The only two addons I use are NoSquint and Adblock Latitude. And I'm also using Firefox Compatibility for user agent mode.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-11-08, 07:12

Cleaning site cookies did the trick. It still makes no sense though.