Cannot log into patreon

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
lilJoshu

Cannot log into patreon

Unread post by lilJoshu » 2018-10-20, 21:11

A few weeks ago, the ability to log into patron stopped; it had been awhile since I last logged into it. I discovered this literally as I was following Pale Moon's patreon link to start supporting pale moon, ironically. I'd kind of like to support the project, but if I can't even log into patreon to do so, that's a problem. :/

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Cannot log into patreon

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-10-20, 21:31

What happens when you try to log in? Is there an error message? did you change anything a few weeks ago when it stopped working?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-10-21, 00:23

lilJoshu wrote:A few weeks ago, the ability to log into patron stopped; it had been awhile since I last logged into it.

I could log in just now, though not without hiccups.
(I hadn't logged in to patreon for months and found some things changed, in that recaptcha and email verification were now required for login)

So this could be a recaptcha issue.
If you don't already, please make sure to allow scripts from google and gstatic on patreon.

If scripts from those domains aren't allowed, the recaptcha won't load.
And until the recaptcha is completed, the login button is inactive.

Also, what version of Pale Moon do you use? Current, 28.1? Or earlier?
Because releases prior to 28 have a certain problem with recaptcha (see here).
Last edited by coffeebreak on 2018-10-21, 03:30, edited 1 time in total.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-10-21, 06:56

I just verified by logging into Patreon. No reCaptcha for me, and I could log in normally.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

coffeebreak
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by coffeebreak » 2018-10-23, 01:43

Moonchild wrote:No reCaptcha for me, and I could log in normally.

Curious.
With Pale Moon, there is currently a recaptcha for me with every login.
(Same btw with FF 52.*)

Native/compat UA modes / other user agents (FF 60, 62) / disabling extensions/safe mode / vanilla profile - made no difference.
(As for device verification, it's controlled by a cookie: retaining the cookie "patreon_device_id" made that issue go away.
Unfortunately, retaining cookies/local storage did not) make the recaptcha go away here.)

With Firefox 62.0.3 recaptcha was not visibly offered/required.

But a recaptcha was performed silently (invisibly) in the background.
The recaptcha icon appeared briefly in a corner of the page (couple of times, not always), and it remained necessary to allow scripts from google and gstatic on patreon for the login to work.

zoompt1975

Problem with reCAPTCHA - Login in Patreon and other sites

Unread post by zoompt1975 » 2018-10-29, 22:28

Hi everyone

I have Linux Mint and I cannot log in to Patreon and other sites because every time I try after entering my username and password I get this message:

"Could not connect to the reCAPTCHA service. Please check your internet connection and reload to get a reCAPTCHA challenge"

Now, I don't have a Internet connection problem. I think there is something between the browser and reCAPTCHA that does not get along and so I cannot go to Patreon.
Can someone help me? I know some windows users here in the forum are also having this message. Especially from Patreon so I'm not the only one.

Please help
Thank You!
Zoompt 1975

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: Problem with reCAPTCHA - Login in Patreon and other sites

Unread post by doofy » 2018-10-30, 16:36

zoompt1975 wrote:Could not connect to the reCAPTCHA service.
Are you blocking google scripts with NoScript/uMatrix/Similar?