Previous tab shortcut

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Octopuss

Previous tab shortcut

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-09-22, 20:40

In PM27, I used Ctrl+Shift+Tab to switch to previous tab, but in PM28 it shows what looks like list of tabs.
How do I change that?

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Previous tab shortcut

Unread post by therube » 2018-09-23, 15:58

about:config, browser.ctrlTab.previews, set it to 'false'.

(When enabled, Ctrl+Shift+TAB behavior seems wrong - at least compared to Ctrl+TAB behavior, well kind of.
When it is the first operation, i.e. tab preview is not already active, It brings up the 'show all tabs' look, rather then the "preview" look.)
Last edited by therube on 2018-09-23, 16:03, edited 2 times in total.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-09-23, 17:12

I just don't understand why previews are connected to keyboard shortcuts in any way :wtf:

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-09-24, 08:26

therube... I know you're trying to help but we have a tickbox in preferences for this. No about:config required.

Also, Ctrl+Shift+Tab when previews are enabled is supposed to bring up the all tabs panel. That is correct, by design, and has been the case since the early days of Pale Moon. They are 2 unrelated and distinct modes of operation.

Previews enabled:
Ctrl+Tab opens the quick switch panel with the most recently used tabs as previews.
Ctrl+Shift+Tab opens the All Tabs panel with quick filtering option

Previews disabled:
Ctrl+Tab switches to the next tab
Ctrl+Shift+Tab switches to the previous tab

Using previews in a quick switch panel is common for many operating systems when tabbing between applications. The browser extends this behavior to tabs when previews are enabled. That is what "previews have to do with keyboard shortcuts"
Last edited by Moonchild on 2018-09-26, 04:15, edited 2 times in total.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-09-26, 01:46

Oh, OK.
Didn't realize there was a GUI setting for it, & that it is already flexible enough to handle most all situations :-).