Facebook wall problem

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Octopuss

Facebook wall problem

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-09-22, 19:07

This is a problem I've had for quite some time, but I always thought it would solve itself by upgrading to PM28. Well, it didn't.

Basically, when I try posting something to my wall and click into the "compose post" field ("What's on your mind...") on top of my wall, the enlarged edit "window" appears, and cursor disappears within a second or so.
The only way for me to post on FB is by opening my profile first.
I am on PM 28.1.0.

Anyone else seeing this?
Last edited by Octopuss on 2018-09-22, 19:08, edited 2 times in total.

Lew Rockwell Fan

Re: Facebook wall problem

Unread post by Lew Rockwell Fan » 2018-10-09, 05:40

FWIW, since you've had no response, I'll mention this: I've seen all sorts of dysfunction on FB lately, that I THINK is some kind of resource problem, maybe bandwidth. Even something as simple as getting "notices" can take minutes. It's bordering on unusable. Mewe.com on the other hand is working very well for me. So is minds.com, but it is . . . more complex. Mewe is pretty nearly a drop i in replacement.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-10-17, 21:09

It seems to be working fine now, but it didn't for virtually ages (while working in Firefox).
I just hate the site.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-10-18, 07:22

Octopuss wrote:It seems to be working fine now, but it didn't for virtually ages (while working in Firefox).
I just hate the site.
The question is then: if you hate it, why keep using it?
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

gepus
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by gepus » 2018-10-18, 09:06

Off-topic:
love-hate? :D

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-10-25, 18:24

Moonchild wrote:
Octopuss wrote:It seems to be working fine now, but it didn't for virtually ages (while working in Firefox).
I just hate the site.
The question is then: if you hate it, why keep using it?
There is no alternative.
I only use it as a platform to get updates from various product pages and groups. I have about nine people in my friend list.

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-10-25, 18:39

I confirm this (just now) but: disabling my ad-blocker seemed to solve it. I guess it's one of the filter lists - I also use the "facebook annoyances blocker" list.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-12-12, 10:02

back2themoon wrote:I confirm this (just now) but: disabling my ad-blocker seemed to solve it. I guess it's one of the filter lists - I also use the "facebook annoyances blocker" list.
I've just tried with Ublock disabled, and the text disappears anyway :(

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-12-12, 11:44

Tried Safe Mode?

pmBill

Unread post by pmBill » 2018-12-12, 19:08

WORK AROUND (?): Add a photo, enter your text, delete the photo. (so far works for me every time, one person had off-and-on results)

ALSO note that different teams work on different parts of Facebook, and they are therefore not all the same. (typical stupidity)
So posting on a personal page can be different than a group page, or a business page, or a "professional" page, or an organization page, etc...
Last edited by pmBill on 2018-12-12, 19:10, edited 1 time in total.

Potkeny
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Potkeny » 2018-12-12, 19:33

back2themoon wrote:I confirm this (just now) but: disabling my ad-blocker seemed to solve it. I guess it's one of the filter lists - I also use the "facebook annoyances blocker" list.
Not 100% relevant, but...

The "Fanboy's annoyance list" (from easylist) on Twitter hides the Post button (when replying to a tweet), but disabling the list (I'm using ABPrime) makes it reappear (after a reload). It might be a conflict with my extensions/settings (NoScript included), and I can't test FB (not using it), but it does seem like the list can (will?) cause problems on the sites themselves too, might worth a check from those having problems.
Last edited by Potkeny on 2018-12-12, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.