Upgrading, clean install, bookmarks etc.

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Octopuss

Upgrading, clean install, bookmarks etc.

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-09-20, 16:58

I did a dirty upgrade by simply installing over v27, but I intend to do it cleanly soon.
I haven't done this for AGES, so could anyone tell me what file do I need to back up so I don't lose the bookmarks toolbar? Or is it the same file as all other bookmrks and history, the places.something?

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Re: Upgrading, clean install, bookmarks etc.

Unread post by Tomaso » 2018-09-20, 17:13

If you want to perform a proper clean install, the best method is to export your bookmarks to a HTML file, and then import them back when you're done.
(Bookmarks > Organize Bookmarks > Import and Backup > Export/Import)

ForEvrNeverEnds

Unread post by ForEvrNeverEnds » 2018-09-21, 20:34

I'm new here but how can I change the font and text size in pale moon? I'm having great difficulty because the text and font size is much too large in many of the sites I need to access. Please and thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me the newbie.

Kramy
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by Kramy » 2018-09-22, 07:18

ForEvrNeverEnds wrote:I'm new here but how can I change the font and text size in pale moon? I'm having great difficulty because the text and font size is much too large in many of the sites I need to access. Please and thank you in advance for any help anyone can give me the newbie.
Try Ctrl and the Plus or Minus signs.
-Kramy

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-09-22, 19:48

Hm, I exported the bookmarks, but when I imported them into a new profile, the bookmarks toolbar remained in the default state.
Is that normal?
How do I backup/restore that?

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-09-22, 19:57

Damn, copying sessionstore.js to new profile doesn't work either. What's wrong? :(