the future of Pale Moon ?

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Smithpatel

the future of Pale Moon ?

Unread post by Smithpatel » 2018-09-16, 12:14

Tried different versions of FF, Chrome, Vivaldi, Opera. But just discovered Pale Moon. Its working super smooth on my low-end pc. But just found out that there wont be any FF extensions after 8th May, Am i right ? I am confused and worried about this.
This is done because as Firefox and Palemoon codebases diverge, it becomes more and more of a hassle to port over Firefox security patches etc.

doofy
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: the future of Pale Moon ?

Unread post by doofy » 2018-09-16, 13:47

The May 8 date is may 8 2018 and is the day the PM addons manager stopped having a link to the mozilla addons site. This was done in preparation for mozilla pulling all legacy addons from their site, which will happen next month.

Work is afoot here, and in the Waterfox camp, to create alternative repositories.

So nothing to worry about - though if you know you want an extension from moz addons soonish, better grab it now. Any transition is unlikely to be seamless.
Last edited by doofy on 2018-09-16, 13:54, edited 2 times in total.

Giraffe
Lunatic
Lunatic

Re: the future of Pale Moon ?

Unread post by Giraffe » 2018-09-17, 07:27

Might be worth installing the Classic Addons Archive as it'll give you a lot of addons, most of which will have a vesion that will work with PM.
https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/
the download button is near the bottom of the page as Releases, or
https://github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/releases
Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. Comodo Internet security or Comodo Firewall + Avira Anivirus.