Text spacing issue with pop-up dialog

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
fillerup

Text spacing issue with pop-up dialog

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-03, 07:38

Found on Mycroft Project, some specific text isn't correctly placed leading to buttons being pushed out of view.

how it should look:

how it sometimes looks:

looks like the dialog in the second picture got resized to be smaller, hence the lack of space?

Tested on new vanilla profile, PM 28.0.1 Windows 10 x64

tenseys

Re: Text spacing issue with pop-up dialog

Unread post by tenseys » 2018-09-03, 08:29

All the ones I've tried look good.
http://mycroftproject.com/
Last edited by tenseys on 2018-09-03, 08:31, edited 1 time in total.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-04, 02:47

tenseys wrote:All the ones I've tried look good.http://mycroftproject.com/
did you try changing the name of the engine to 'test' like i did?

tenseys

Unread post by tenseys » 2018-09-04, 02:58

fillerup wrote:
tenseys wrote:All the ones I've tried look good.http://mycroftproject.com/
did you try changing the name of the engine to 'test' like i did?
I looked for a test one but couldn't find it. I just tried a bunch on the site.

How do you do what you did?

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-04, 03:05

tenseys wrote:I looked for a test one but couldn't find it. I just tried a bunch on the site.

each engine has its ID, which you can see by hovering over the review button on the listing page. after getting an ID, go to "Create/Submit Plugin", input the ID into the box and Load it. then change the name, go down and press Generate and then Test

tenseys

Unread post by tenseys » 2018-09-04, 03:17

fillerup wrote:
tenseys wrote:I looked for a test one but couldn't find it. I just tried a bunch on the site.

each engine has its ID, which you can see by hovering over the review button on the listing page. after getting an ID, go to "Create/Submit Plugin", input the ID into the box and Load it. then change the name, go down and press Generate and then Test
Thanks. Ok, I tried a few different ones, with different names, and they seem to load ok as they are:

newer.PNG
newer.PNG (6.81 KiB) Viewed 823 times
newest.PNG
three.PNG
Last edited by tenseys on 2018-09-04, 03:58, edited 5 times in total.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-04, 04:04

tenseys wrote:Thanks. Ok, I tried a few different ones, with different names, and they seem to load ok as they are:

newer.PNG

newest.PNG

three.PNG
darn. are you using win 8.1?

tenseys

Unread post by tenseys » 2018-09-04, 04:07

fillerup wrote:
tenseys wrote:Thanks. Ok, I tried a few different ones, with different names, and they seem to load ok as they are:

newer.PNG

newest.PNG

three.PNG
darn. are you using win 8.1?
No, I'm using Windows 10 Home (Version 1803, Build 17134.245) 64-bit w/ Pale Moon 28.0.1 64-bit.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-04, 04:08

tenseys wrote:No, I'm using Windows 10 Home (Version 1803, Build 17134.245) 64-bit w/ Pale Moon 28.0.1 64-bit.
same (sorry for missing your sig!)

p.s. there's a lot less empty space in your version of "LZ is one of.." than mine
Last edited by fillerup on 2018-09-04, 04:16, edited 2 times in total.

tenseys

Unread post by tenseys » 2018-09-04, 04:16

fillerup wrote:
tenseys wrote:No, I'm using Windows 10 Home (Version 1803, Build 17134.245) 64-bit w/ Pale Moon 28.0.1 64-bit.
same (sorry for missing your sig!)
No prob! Those images look so big to me. Do you have screen shot of image on computer screen when you test it?
Last edited by tenseys on 2018-09-04, 04:18, edited 4 times in total.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-04, 04:20

tenseys wrote:No prob! Those images look so big to me. Do you have screen shot of image on computer screen when you test it?
oh, that's because i have a HiDPI screen (2560x1440p @ 150% scaling). yea, they're pretty darn huge now that you mention it..
tenseys wrote:Do you have screen shot of image on computer screen when you test it?
not following you here. i just use greenshot to take a screencap and upload to imgur
Last edited by fillerup on 2018-09-04, 04:21, edited 1 time in total.

tenseys

Unread post by tenseys » 2018-09-04, 04:25

fillerup wrote:
tenseys wrote:No prob! Those images look so big to me. Do you have screen shot of image on computer screen when you test it?
oh, that's because i have a HiDPI screen (2560x1440p @ 150% scaling). yea, they're pretty darn huge now that you mention it..
tenseys wrote:Do you have screen shot of image on computer screen when you test it?
not following you here. i just use greenshot to take a screencap and upload to imgur
I mean a shot like this:
ok.PNG
But I guess not necessary. Just surprised how big images are.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-04, 04:30

tenseys wrote:
here you go. the forum has a 2000 pixel wide restriction, so you gotta go on imgur instead

https://i.imgur.com/8fahMBR.png
Last edited by fillerup on 2018-09-04, 04:31, edited 1 time in total.

tenseys

Unread post by tenseys » 2018-09-04, 04:35

I see... so if the test word/phrase is longer then more space happens on bottom for you it seems.. maybe something to do with the sizing.. I really don't know.

When I measure mine versus each other, the spacing around bottom, top and sides seems pretty equal no matter the word/sentence used.
Last edited by tenseys on 2018-09-04, 04:50, edited 4 times in total.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-04, 04:50

tenseys wrote:so if the test word/phrase is longer then more space happens on bottom for you it seems
more so at the top and right i think. the extra space up top is always there no matter the length. but that's with the White Moon theme i'm using. new profile only has the space to the right

Last edited by fillerup on 2018-09-04, 04:54, edited 3 times in total.

tenseys

Unread post by tenseys » 2018-09-04, 04:57

fillerup wrote:
tenseys wrote:so if the test word/phrase is longer then more space happens on bottom for you it seems
more so at the top and right i think. the extra space up top is always there no matter the length. but that's with the White Moon theme i'm using. new profile only has the space to the right
I see. The bottom is the first thing I notice since the buttons become fully visible and have a little space under them and the image looks a little more normal than the test one which looks chopped.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-04, 05:00

yes, several different types of spacing issues congregating here..

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-09-20, 17:51

so it seems i'm still getting the same issue on a new windows install + new 28.1.0 profile. guess that's gotta be down to hardware then? can someone with a HiDPI help confirm for me if you also get the issues i described in this thread

my screen is 14" @ 1440p 150% fwiw