Steamdb.info and PM27 Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Octopuss

Steamdb.info and PM27

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-08-29, 07:58

Could anyone figure out why the site misbehaves in PM27?
Specifically:
1) When you mouse over the top side of the screen, a menu shows up that you can't click on because it disappears when you try to move the cursor around.
2) On a game history page (like https://steamdb.info/app/513710/history/), a "load more" button appears you have to click on instead of getting the changes directly.

The author of the site basically said he couldn't guarantee the site would work on some obscure Firefox fork, so no help from there.

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: Steamdb.info and PM27

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-08-29, 08:09

Please understand that Pale Moon 27 does not have as-complete javascript support as websites might expect.
Pale Moon 27 is also no longer supported by us - if you have issues with websites on Pale Moon 27, please update to v28.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

yami_

Unread post by yami_ » 2018-08-29, 08:21

IIRC steamdb did not work correctly in Pale Moon 27.* because of CSP problems, but I do not remember the details.
Off-topic:
steamdb works perfectly in Pale Moon 28.0.0.1.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-08-29, 10:24

Moonchild wrote:Please understand that Pale Moon 27 does not have as-complete javascript support as websites might expect.
Aha!

I will definitely update in near future, but since there might be few more people like me, I thought to bring this up.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-09-20, 14:09

I have just upgraded to PM28 and while the menu finally works, the history page (for example, https://steamdb.info/app/513710/) still shows "load more" button instead of the content.

Could anyone figure out why?
Author of the website told me
It should automatically load the first 'page' of history when opening
history tab. I fixed and tested that for Firefox 52 ESR and should
work in Pale Moon.
If it doesn't, either you have scripts blocked, or Pale moon is still
extremely outdated.

(no, I don't have any script blocker. I don't even know what that is)

P.S. The load button doesn't appear when you access the history page directly (https://steamdb.info/app/513710/history/).
Last edited by Octopuss on 2018-09-20, 14:10, edited 1 time in total.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-09-20, 14:37

Hm, got a reply.

I had someone test it for me.

TL;DR is that your browser does not support IntersectionObserver API
because it is outdated compared to Firefox.

Not like I understand what it means at all. Maybe it could be of interest to @moonchild. (ok, mentions don't work here, bah)
Last edited by Octopuss on 2018-09-20, 14:38, edited 2 times in total.

Potkeny
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by Potkeny » 2018-09-20, 14:44

Octopuss wrote:I have just upgraded to PM28 and while the menu finally works, the history page (for example, https://steamdb.info/app/513710/) still shows "load more" button instead of the content.

P.S. The load button doesn't appear when you access the history page directly (https://steamdb.info/app/513710/history/).
Unless I misunderstood something, it works for me (PM 28.1.0 32b, win7).

Screenshot:
What should I see which makes "this" not working? (Clicking on Load More loads more.)

I see the "same" in my FF install, so I'm confused.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-09-20, 15:04

"load more" button should not appear right after clicking on "history" instead of showing content.

edit: oh wait, the guy mailed me that he pushed a "fix" for it despite not supporting "old browsers".
I guess it's just an information for Moonchild now.
Last edited by Octopuss on 2018-09-20, 15:06, edited 1 time in total.

yami_

Unread post by yami_ » 2018-09-20, 16:49

Actually it is still slightly broken. After the history is initially loaded it is supposed to automatically load it one more time once you scroll down so much that you can see the "Load more" button again. This will not happen, because in Pale Moon the Intersection Observer API (a draft spec, btw) that this site uses to determinate if the button is visible is disabled by default. Even if you enable it the site will still not work correctly, because this API is not fully implemented in UXP - isIntersecting attribute is not implemented, so

Code: Select all

entry.isIntersecting && (count++ > 0 && observer.unobserve(button.get(0)), button.click())
will be short-circuit evaluated to false and button.click() procedure will not be called.

Octopuss

Unread post by Octopuss » 2018-09-22, 08:37

What's a draft spec, in human speech, btw?

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-09-22, 08:48

Octopuss wrote:What's a draft spec, in human speech, btw?
It's a specification that has a document status of "draft". Use your doctionary if you want a definition of "specification" and "draft"
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite