Bookmark all tabs not working

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
weamish

Bookmark all tabs not working

Unread post by weamish » 2018-08-20, 11:32

Looks like version 28 may have broken Bookmark All Tabs. The dialog box pops up but will not accept input.

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: Bookmark all tabs not working

Unread post by billmcct » 2018-08-20, 12:18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-08-20, 12:21

Works for me here - PM 28, Win 10 x64. Have you tried using Safe Mode to see if it works without any extensions or themes? Do you see any errors in the error console?

billmcct: You don't need an extension for bookmarking all tabs - this is available natively on the tab bar's context menu.
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2018-08-20, 12:34

I realize that but have been using it so long never thought about uninstalling it.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

weamish

Unread post by weamish » 2018-08-21, 16:03

Isengrim wrote:Do you see any errors in the error console?
Several errors listed:
TypeError: tab is undefined
TypeError: this.prettyView is not a function

PlacesUIUtils.showBookmarkDialog({ action: "add"
, type: "livemark"
, feedURI: feedURI
, siteURI: gBrowser.currentURI
, title: title
, description: description
, defaultInsertionPoint: toolbarIP
, hiddenRows: [ "feedLocation"
, "siteLocation"
, "description" ]
}, window);
}

and a few more, plus several dozen warnings. The last one above looks like it might be relevant?

weamish

Unread post by weamish » 2018-08-21, 23:15

Works ok in safe mode. Also works after installing the addon mentioned above, so I'll probably just continue using that, rather than going through the tedious process of disabling addons one by one (been using these addons for many years). Oh well...

I'd add a screenshot of the dialog box if I could figure out how to do that (tried Img, couldn't get it to work)
Last edited by weamish on 2018-08-21, 23:27, edited 1 time in total.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-08-22, 00:14

weamish wrote:I'd add a screenshot of the dialog box if I could figure out how to do that (tried Img, couldn't get it to work)
Put your screenshot/photo in your Pictures folder. Then resize the photo, if needed, and save that. If no resizing is needed, then type your message and upload the screenshot/photo as an attachment and Submit your message.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

weamish

Unread post by weamish » 2018-08-22, 01:53

This is what pops up after clicking on Bookmark All Tabs
7 bookmark all tabs.JPG
Last edited by weamish on 2018-08-22, 01:54, edited 1 time in total.