can't get rid of MyQuickConverter extension Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
lonesomepoint

can't get rid of MyQuickConverter extension

Unread post by lonesomepoint » 2018-08-19, 15:36

I accidentally clicked on the ad for a "myquickconverter" app or extension. So I briefly examined what it does, and decided I didn't want to keep it. Now I can't get rid of it. I first clicked "disable" in the extensions controls, and that didn't stop it from hijacking any new tab I open. Then I removed it in the extensions controls, and it still hasn't disappeared. Restarting the browser, logging out of my Linux, and rebooting don't help.

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Re: can't get rid of MyQuickConverter extension

Unread post by billmcct » 2018-08-19, 15:48

Last edited by billmcct on 2018-08-19, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

lonesomepoint

Unread post by lonesomepoint » 2018-08-19, 20:37

Thanks, but those don't fit my situation, becuse they're Windows methods and I'm using Linux. It's my fault--I forgot tht Pale Moon no doubt has a Windows version just as Firefox does.

I probably know one solution for this problem already: delete all my Pale Moon files in the .moonchild productions folder. I just hope to find a solution more surgical than that.

lonesomepoint

Unread post by lonesomepoint » 2018-08-19, 20:41

I didn't think this program was malware, because I have asssumed the site managers wouldn't allow malware to advertise. But those sites are unequivocally claiming it is.

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2018-08-19, 20:58

Yes your right. Delete the profile and start over.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The difference between the Impossible and the Possible lies in a man's Determination.
Tommy Lasorda

lonesomepoint

Unread post by lonesomepoint » 2018-08-19, 21:20

That worked, yes. It was nuclear, but I can grit my teeth and deal with losing everything but the bookmarks. (I saved those but destroyed everything else.)

billmcct
Keeps coming back
Keeps coming back

Unread post by billmcct » 2018-08-20, 04:00

You should post on the Linux board next time. I just assumed you were on a Windows box.
Tommy Lasorda