Am I allowed to say a great big "Thank You"...??

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Rickkins
Lunatic
Lunatic

Am I allowed to say a great big "Thank You"...??

Unread post by Rickkins » 2018-08-16, 17:45

To Moonchild and everyone else involved in making this the best browser in the world...???

Seriously, Thanks to all...!!!

hidden
Apollo supporter
Apollo supporter

Re: Am I allowed to say a great big "Thank You"...??

Unread post by hidden » 2018-08-16, 20:30

The JS in mobile.twitter.com it has improved noticeably and the general navigation is more fluid :clap: :clap: :clap:

Tokia

Unread post by Tokia » 2018-08-16, 20:44

Glad to have support for x86, ALSA & GTK2. When others browser failed to keep em, Pale Moon showed that he's a true Universal Browser. :clap:

Thanks Moonchild and his devoted team, testers and interested ones.

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-08-16, 22:43

I too would like to express my gratitude to the Pale Moon team (and all of the volunteers and contributors, of course!) for their efforts in making Pale Moon and UXP possible.

Thank you! :thumbup:
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

back2themoon
Moon Magic practitioner
Moon Magic practitioner

Unread post by back2themoon » 2018-08-16, 22:44

Yes, it's a brilliant release. Great work, everyone. :thumbup:

Couperin
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by Couperin » 2018-08-17, 00:40

Yes, all sorts of minor issues with a ton of sites have now disappeared for me, everything is evidently so much more compatible with how so many sites are being coded. In addition none of my banking and other secured sites have any problems with this version, further proof Pale Moon is now much more mainstream, which is a good thing. Now if the major password manager applications would stop ignoring PM I'd be very happy....

mrnhmath
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by mrnhmath » 2018-08-17, 01:53

I'd like to thank all the people involved in the UXP effort and providing us this great release. A brilliant future is ahead.

Feels good to have the blue moon back :)

BenFenner
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by BenFenner » 2018-08-17, 01:59

I know this was a huge undertaking, and it is a great move forward. Congratulations, and thank you very much Moonchild and others involved.
I even had a client today update to PM 28 and now one of their banking sites works again after a long time of inoperability.
I know there are teething issues, and I will be reporting some, but I am grateful and happy to be on this side of the update. =D

Abdulrhman Ayman

Unread post by Abdulrhman Ayman » 2018-08-17, 02:04

BEST FREAKIN' BROWSER EVER!!
Last edited by Abdulrhman Ayman on 2018-08-17, 02:05, edited 1 time in total.

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2018-08-17, 13:25

I haven't used the beta versions much and didn't had a real ride with the 28 release yet, but since the first announcements about Pale Moon 28 and UXP came up I was really waiting for this release - which did not happen to me for most other (windows) software (updates) in a long time. Call it fanboyism, but I think it's not too early to join this big thanks to all project people making this possible without big money in the back and stupid new monetizing data functions in the browser.

So the Pale Moon still cycles, the forum is far from "toxic" and the bad mouths get a :-P (edit: tongue-out seems razz here) for now.
As far as I can see Devs did a good job again and shouldn't worry too much about few fake complains elsewhere
(would be nice to see NewTobinParadigm unbanned)
THX again guys, gonna surf now - yay!
Last edited by loxodont on 2018-08-17, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-08-17, 13:28

loxodont wrote:(would be nice to see NewTobinParadigm unbanned)
Off-topic:
He's back and has been around a bit, he's just focusing on other things at the moment. ;)
a.k.a. Ascrod
Linux Mint 19.3 Cinnamon (64-bit), Debian Bullseye (64-bit), Windows 7 (64-bit)
"As long as there is someone who will appreciate the work involved in the creation, the effort is time well spent." ~ Tetsuzou Kamadani, Cave Story

loxodont
Astronaut
Astronaut

Unread post by loxodont » 2018-08-17, 13:30

Isengrim wrote:
Off-topic:
He's back and has been around a bit, he's just focusing on other things at the moment. ;)
ah ok, fine :)

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2018-08-17, 13:52

not 100% perfect (would be dumb to expect so anyway), but this new PM is very impressive, blew my expectations out the water with many of the fixes and refinements..

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-08-17, 16:53

:-).

(15 characters required, so I guess this fits the bill.)

Thehandyman1957

Unread post by Thehandyman1957 » 2018-08-17, 23:53

As always, Big fat thank you's to the Pale Moon Team. :clap: :thumbup:

Please folks, if you can, remember to support your favorite browser with a cup of coffee
if you can. https://ko-fi.com/palemoon

Let's keep the lights on for them. :idea: :idea: :mrgreen:

tenseys

Unread post by tenseys » 2018-08-17, 23:59

New PM 28.0.0 browser is working great on my end. Thanks!
Last edited by tenseys on 2018-08-18, 00:22, edited 2 times in total.

unknownone
Moonbather
Moonbather

Unread post by unknownone » 2018-08-23, 16:48

Thank you all a lot for your great work from me as well!

Tomaso
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Tomaso » 2018-08-25, 10:09

A big Thank You from me as well!

Pale Moon v28.0.0 performs really well, and so far I haven't encountered any real issues with it.

Almost all of the problems that people have flooded the forum with, seems to be caused by upgrading from v27 to v28..
For us long-time Windows users, this doesn't really come as a surprise.
For any software updates that features such major changes as PM28, upgrading issues are only to be expected, IMO.
These type of issues are easely avoided by performing a clean install (or in Pale Moon's case; perhaps even by simply creating a new profile)!

Keep up the good work, guys!! :thumbup:
Last edited by Tomaso on 2018-08-25, 10:09, edited 1 time in total.

GerryB

Unread post by GerryB » 2018-08-25, 17:32

Thanks indeed! Upgrading to v.28 has solved all my problems with choppy videos. They all play nice and smoothly now. This includes not only YouTube, but some streaming webcams that were difficult to watch before the upgrade. I am noticing even further improvement after having disabled double buffering. It's so nice to have access to such settings in about:config, compared with all those Chromium-based browsers that take control away from end users.

BTW, I kept my existing profile when I upgraded, but none of my extensions became incompatible. Some of them are very old, but they are all working perfectly.

Long live Pale Moon and the whole Pale Moon team! :thumbup:
Last edited by GerryB on 2018-08-25, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

rabnbeinn
Lunatic
Lunatic

Unread post by rabnbeinn » 2018-09-10, 10:48

I hung off for a month before upgrading, so this morning I decided to upgrade and I am pleased to say everything went very smoothly indeed.

All my Exts work, all my usual sites load with no problems, everything is where it should be (except SDC, it's moved from bottom right of screen to the top right). I was going to go for a clean install, but instead just upgraded right over my 27.9.4. because I couldn't really be arsed spending the time getting my PM back to the way I have it now, so was pleasantly surprised that everything went smoothly. I'm running win8.1(x64).

Even my theme, which was installed way back in the early days of PM and last updated in 2015, still works :thumbup:

Thanks to all the team (you know who you are) for a truly great highly customizable browser and for all the long hrs and dedication you have all put into this project. :clap: