problem with youtube

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
mari0o0

problem with youtube

Unread post by mari0o0 » 2018-07-18, 22:11

Hi,
I start to use pale moon and i like it a lot. however you tube and complete you tube saver are having a problem.

1- you tube without any extension have a a strange problem. when i right click and open new video, a new tab is opened with the video, then if i change the video, the back tab become inactive and I can not go back to the previous page. tried many time with different videos but not working.

2- If I activated the add on to save from the you tube, when I press it it give a sign looks like something is uploading but never really upload. note that I have installed the ffmpeg correctly.

Hpe you can help me with this. thanks

Moonchild
Pale Moon guru
Pale Moon guru

Re: problem with youtube

Unread post by Moonchild » 2018-07-18, 22:37

1. Youtube does not work like a traditional web page. You may run into these kinds of things if you don't use direct navigation

2. I can't personally help you with this.
"Sometimes, the best way to get what you want is to be a good person." -- Louis Rossmann
"Seek wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge is of the past; wisdom is of the future." -- Native American proverb
"Linux makes everything difficult." -- Lyceus Anubite

mari0o0

Unread post by mari0o0 » 2018-07-18, 23:08

Moonchild wrote:1. Youtube does not work like a traditional web page. You may run into these kinds of things if you don't use direct navigation

2. I can't personally help you with this.

You tube was working fine like in any other browser, I am sure of that. i could go forward and back words normally, but now now I can not.

mari0o0

Unread post by mari0o0 » 2018-07-18, 23:30

note:

I just made some test, everything works fine until Install the you tube saver add on, then the damage occur as described above, and it is irreversible , removing the add on does not fix the problem.

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2018-07-18, 23:41

mari0o0 wrote:everything works fine until Install the you tube saver add on
Other users have identified problems with Complete YouTube Saver. A search of the forum will give you previous threads where the problems with this extension has been discussed.
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.