UP Dates

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
GrayMatter

UP Dates

Unread post by GrayMatter » 2018-07-16, 18:36

What has Pale Moon done? I loved this browser, then they did some sort of update, now it is slow, and hangs up.

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: UP Dates

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-07-16, 18:57

Both linux and windows Pale Moon 27.9.3 is not slow and it does not hang on any of my linux or windows hard drives whether I'm using 64 bit linux Pale Moon or 32 bit windows Pale Moon.

I'd say if you're experiencing slowness or hanging issues, it is probably something on your end which is causing these problems so telling us Pale Moon is slow and hangs doesn't help us to help you because you haven't provided any info.
Last edited by Night Wing on 2018-07-16, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

GrayMatter

Unread post by GrayMatter » 2018-07-16, 19:03

Thanks, I used 3 different PC's all with the same result. Work and home. It used to be a Rocket Ship, Now it is a row boat.

therube
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by therube » 2018-07-16, 19:12

As a test, create a new, clean Profile, no changes, & see how that performs?

With an existing Profile, see if starting in Safe Mode makes a difference.

Isengrim
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Isengrim » 2018-07-16, 19:18

I have also not experienced any particular bouts of slowness on Windows or Linux.

Please give some basic information about your setup. Does Pale Moon exhibit these symptoms when you run it in Safe Mode, with add-ons disabled? Is there a website you visit frequently or often that may be causing the problem? Have there been any recent changes to your hardware, operating system, network, or antivirus software?