Ebay search problems

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
MrD2018
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Ebay search problems

Unread post by MrD2018 » 2018-07-13, 10:00

I have searched for a couple of items on Ebay today and have noticed some problems. If, for example, 9 items are found in a search, only 1 is shown. The search options at the left hand side of the search results page show more items have been found, but clicking on any of them still gives only 1 search result. Also, on doing a search from the UK website, no international items are shown, it just shows a blank space. I have tried clearing cookies but it has no effect.

I have tried firefox and chrome and they both show all items and international items correctly. I have pale moon on a different computer and although it shows international items OK, it still has the same problem where it shows only 1 item when multiple items are found.

Can anyone else compare ebay on different browsers and see if you have the same problem?

Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Ebay search problems

Unread post by Night Wing » 2018-07-13, 13:04

It would be easy if you would provide a clickable link or a screenshot showing the problem you're having with eBay because I have a feeling you and I are not on the same page if you get my drift.

Now, I did a search on eBay for Flash Drives and it came up with 60 results. The link for the search with the results I performed is below and it shows all 60 items.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... _sacat=165
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

Nigaikaze
Board Warrior
Board Warrior

Unread post by Nigaikaze » 2018-07-13, 13:24

MrD2018 wrote:I have searched for a couple of items on Ebay today and have noticed some problems.
I am not having any problems with search results on either ebay.com or ebay.co.uk with Pale Moon 27.9.3.

Do these same problems happen to you when you access eBay in Pale Moon's safe mode?

What version of Pale Moon are you using and what extensions are you using?
Nichi nichi kore ko jitsu = Every day is a good day.

MrD2018
Hobby Astronomer
Hobby Astronomer

Unread post by MrD2018 » 2018-07-13, 21:34

I have been looking on the Ebay forums and it seems this problem is effecting other browsers as well so it seems to be a problem with Ebay! Thanks for the replies anyway.