Problems with My eBay and Pale Moon browser Topic is solved

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
Night Wing
Knows the dark side
Knows the dark side

Re: Problems with My eBay and Pale Moon browser

Unread post by Night Wing » 2019-01-10, 23:11

DoctorM wrote:I do want to mention that at v28.2.2 the issue I comment on above persists.
It seems you're the only one having a problem with eBay.

And my wife, using her laptop computer, just logged off from her eBay account using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 28.2.2 running in 64 bit linux Mint 19.1 (Tessa) Xfce. No problems. No problem with PayPal either.

And she had no problem with her eBay account way back in August of 2018 when she was using 64 bit linux Pale Moon 28.0 running in 64 bit linux Mint 19 (Tara) Xfce.

Of course, she made a new "clean" profile for 64 bit linux Pale Moon 28.2.2 when she installed linux Mint 19.1 (Tessa) Xfce.

And when she uses my desktop tower computer with one of its two hard drives running 32 bit windows Pale Moon 28.2.2 running in 64 bit Windows 7, SP1; she doesn't have any problems with either her eBay account or her PayPal account.

And a clean profile means; no bookmarks, no extensions, no customizations. So like I asked back in August of 2018, have you tried using a new clean profile? Then going to eBay and see if you have a problem?
Linux Mint 21.3 (Virginia) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
MX Linux 23.2 (Libretto) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox
Linux Debian 12.5 (Bookworm) Xfce w/ Linux Pale Moon, Linux Waterfox, Linux SeaLion, Linux Firefox

DoctorM
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by DoctorM » 2019-01-11, 00:22

I'll try a portable version and see if that fixes it. If so, then I can try trouble shooting my end.

Edit: Works on portable. Here's how I fixed this in my main installation...
1) Disable Adblock Lattitude.
2) Go to the login screen or any of the "http://my.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?" links as I mention above.
3) Third party cookie ebayrtm.com will now show up on the login screen (it normally runs a script that ABL blocks). Allow it in your cookie manager.
4) Refresh the login page (you don't need to try to log in).
5) Third party cookie src.ebay-us.com will now show up. Allow it in your cookie manager.
6) Log in.
7) Enable Adblock Lattitude again.

Whew. PM 27 doesn't get messed up by this for some reason.

fillerup

Unread post by fillerup » 2019-01-11, 03:25

just made an ebay purchase the other day as well, nothing out the ordinary for me. Win 10 x64 1809

edit: oh did not see that you managed to fix it. nice going!

DoctorM
Fanatic
Fanatic

Unread post by DoctorM » 2019-01-20, 21:40

My father is now running into the same issue. Recently moved him up to v28 (currently 28.3.0 for x86).
Some links take him on an endless loop to login. It doesn't say the password is wrong, it just keeps re-asking to login.

I tried my solution, but Cookie Master does not show src.ebay-us.com or ebayrtm.com as 3rd party cookies (and all his settings are identical for it). I manually added permissions for those urls anyway and it didn't help.
Finally I just disabled Cookie Master and set his preference to always accept first party and reject 3rd party cookies. That fixed the problem even though CM should have been doing the exact same thing.

I think this is a Cookie Master issue not a PM issue (although CM didn't have the problem in v27). I don't know who would be responsible to check that out.