unable to comment at Slate.com

Users and developers helping users with generic and technical Pale Moon issues on all operating systems.

Moderator: trava90

Forum rules
This board is for technical/general usage questions and troubleshooting for the Pale Moon browser only.
Technical issues and questions not related to the Pale Moon browser should be posted in other boards!
Please keep off-topic and general discussion out of this board, thank you!
weamish

unable to comment at Slate.com

Unread post by weamish » 2018-07-09, 21:31

Comments entered at Slate when using PM result in this message: "An error has occurred. Please try again."

No problem entering Slate comments using other browsers. Any idea what might be going wrong? Thanks!

SpockFan02
Astronaut
Astronaut

Re: unable to comment at Slate.com

Unread post by SpockFan02 » 2018-07-10, 07:25

I took a quick look on the site and didn't see how to enter comments on an article. Maybe it requires logging in, you probably know.

Anyway, I would suggest:
  • Check the Web Console (Tools --> Web Devleoper --> Web Console) for errors.
  • Try a user agent override
    • Go to about:config, accept responsibility in case of dragon, right-click, New --> String, name it general.useragent.override.slate.com, give it the value of another browser's user agent—e.g.

Code: Select all

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_12_6) AppleWebKit/604.1.38 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/11.0 Safari/604.1.38
      , or google "what is my user agent" in a browser that works for commenting and use the result.
  • Contact the site operators
  • Try using Pale Moon 28 (unstable beta)